Wiring for electric seats on ML

K-E-Day

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML/2001/270
Dear all,

I have a couple of problems with the seats in my ML. I was told by the previous owner that she had unplugged the wiring for the heated seats which is under the seat. Try as I might I cannot find any disconnected wires under the seats. It's not easy to see so I might have missed it. Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the plugs under the seats so that I can see what I am looking for?

And on a similar vein.. the electric seat adjustment on the drivers seat has stopped working. What are the things I need to check?

I have looked through the forum before posting this and couldn't see any similar threads, so apologies if I missed anything that was previously posted.

Many thanks for any help,

Karen

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think that the last seller was telling porkies :( It would be better to use a good indie with STAR to do a read out and maybe do a normalize re set for the seats to see what happens

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
The plugs/sockets for the electric seat adjustment, should be under the front of the seat IIRC.
Regarding the drivers seat, have you got an electric passenger seat as well? are the seats Memory?

OP
K

K-E-Day

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML/2001/270
Thank you both. For the electric adjustment, both seats have the electric adjustments and 3 memory settings. the passenger seat works fine. The driver seat did work but has stopped working.

Also, apologies but I am new to this jargon... what is IIRC and what is an indie with a STAR?

Last edited:

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
Have a look under the back of the seat for any dislodged connectors - quite common on the ML when people push things under the seats.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom