Worn Steering wheel and gear knob + dirty seatbelts

badgolfer

Reaction score
The above are looking very sorry for themselves on my 7 year old S320cdi. The wheel look like it had a paint job before, but what is the best way to get these issues fixed?

Can the leather on the wheel be replaced?
Tried to clean my belt with soap/ stain remover but no luck

many thanks

Dave Brooker

Reaction score
The above are looking very sorry for themselves on my 7 year old S320cdi. The wheel look like it had a paint job before, but what is the best way to get these issues fixed?

Can the leather on the wheel be replaced?
Tried to clean my belt with soap/ stain remover but no luck

many thanks

Modern MB leather does not wear all that well, your best bet might be to hunt the internet for a replacement wheel.

The seat belts should clean up though, try some of that orange oil stuff.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As Dave above on the wearing of the leather. Leather these days is not finished in the cellulose any more owing to the environmental issues with it. the modern finish is only skin deep and rings etc will wear it.

If the leather has not worn through it could be re done in the connelizing method, the hardest bit is the colour match on non black wheels and knobs

I would have used a washing machine soap for the belts,,they are nylon reinforced, and it will not hurt them

volkan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 w210 E200
I had the same problem with the wheel on my 97 210 the wheel is black but worn out. Little fragments of leather were seen. I found a guy who paints leather jackets. Here is what he told me. First clean the the wheel with a mild soap and water. This will take away the fat that sat in from your hand without harming the leather. Let it dry. Then paint it with leather dye using a sponge. Put a large cloth under cause you don't what the droplets. Let it dry again. You may repaint as needed. Then put on leather wax and let it dry. İt worked great for me. The main problem is it looks too shinny in the beginning but it gradually gets better. Becareful if it is not black for the correct color match. A latex glove may protect your hands. Easy to repeat if needed next year. :cool:

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom