Would the merc. Ever be made in the uk?

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
i think YES.

with the right management, like they enjoy at nisan, (good management sensible unions) we could turn out some top quality cars. we have always had the skilled workforce, but fallen short with the poor management and poor highrachy.

austin, rover, etc. WIMP MANAGEMENT, who let go. i think we have learned from the past and can now match or surpass anyone in the world's car manufacturing indusrtry.

the japs and the germans will take some beating but it all started here. some say , why should we be arsed making cars here when whatever we fancy is available from abroad? it's a fair point, but if we know we can do better, and do not want to build our future on tesco and asda etc. then let's build the world's best green cars. hydrogen / electric. etc.

it is time for us to lead again, with a multicultural workforce, the ones born here who integrate, good guys and girls who do not want to blow themselves up for the corran. who want to marry who they choose, who want to behave and dress like the brits. etc. A MULTICULTURAL BRITAIN PULLING TOGETHER SOCIETY WOULD BE GREAT. avoiding the little pakistan and african dominated no go areas we are watching develop in bradford, birmingham, west ham. etc.

i am not racist but i feel the goverment has failed to control the levels and this is why nick griffin ( BNP ) has made such gains, he says what we think. we must integrate. the domination gehetos are winding us up, there are parts of preston which are 99% pakistan. remember what enoch powell said. "if the imigrats set up camps in our country the brits who have conqured the world will react".

the government are to blame, not the imigrants, they now have to sort this out before the masses erupt.herbiemercman.

Parrot of Doom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Was an E300TD, now a Lexus LS400
I spent some time researching articles on Mr Griffin (one of my hobbies is writing on Wikipedia). I think, before placing any faith in him, you should read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Griffin

It offers as balanced a view as I could write, and yet he doesn't come out smelling of roses - more of a man consumed by fear.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Sadly, the cost of developing a really good car is so massive these days, only the existing manufacturers can hope to get near.
We are still pretty good at niche manufacturing though, but the only way we'd manufacture in volume again is if some large foreign owned firm set up here. No point for the Germans.

As for the mini Pakistans and no go areas etc, yes they're annoying, especially to those who remember them before and I can fully understand the resentment but to be fair, look at the British enclaves in foreign countries. There are towns in spain that started Spainish but are now 80% British - with UK pubs and shops and signs in English. The residents don't learn Spanish - they don't need to. We all do it. We want a piece of home wherever we are. Its a natural security blanket. It doesn't mean any disrespect to the nation they reside in though.

Give it a generation or two and the majority will have assimilated. After all, we/they all aspire to be succesful middle classes and as they achieve it, they get the confidence to let go of the old homeland (or else are 2nd generation to who'm the old homeeland is as alien as it is to us) and suddenly find themselves westernised. Many already are but whilst the 1st generation are still around, out of respect, they can't let go completely. When that generation has gone, things will be very different.

Being 4th generation I can see it from my own folk. Great grandparents were immigrants and looking back to pics of where they settled, they converted areas to little parts of Poland. I drive through those areas today. There is an instinctive affinity, as you always have for what you grew up with, but I'd hate to live like that. I'm British.

I do understand what these people feel like though. It was brought home to me when I visited Israel a few years back. Somehow for the first time in my life I was in the majority. Everyone, from the porters to the policemen and shop owners, was like me. I suddenly wasn't an outsider. We shared a history, a heritage, our national cultures were very different, but we shared a family culture. It had never crossed my mind before. Britain is my home, my nation, I'm as English as anyone, but deep down, my British Heritage was adopted, not inherited and it does make a sub concious difference, even as a 4th generation.

My point is that I realised how hard it must be to leave a world and a culture that you're an integral part of and go somewhere completely alien. Give them time.

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
hi jberks, an excellent post. herbiemercman.

davibrow

New Registration
Reaction score
i think YES.

with the right management, like they enjoy at nisan, (good management sensible unions) we could turn out some top quality cars. we have always had the skilled workforce, but fallen short with the poor management and poor highrachy.

austin, rover, etc. WIMP MANAGEMENT, who let go. i think we have learned from the past and can now match or surpass anyone in the world's car manufacturing indusrtry.

the japs and the germans will take some beating but it all started here. some say , why should we be arsed making cars here when whatever we fancy is available from abroad? it's a fair point, but if we know we can do better, and do not want to build our future on tesco and asda etc. then let's build the world's best green cars. hydrogen / electric. etc.

it is time for us to lead again, with a multicultural workforce, the ones born here who integrate, good guys and girls who do not want to blow themselves up for the corran. who want to marry who they choose, who want to behave and dress like the brits. etc. A MULTICULTURAL BRITAIN PULLING TOGETHER SOCIETY WOULD BE GREAT. avoiding the little pakistan and african dominated no go areas we are watching develop in bradford, birmingham, west ham. etc.

i am not racist but i feel the goverment has failed to control the levels and this is why nick griffin ( BNP ) has made such gains, he says what we think. we must integrate. the domination gehetos are winding us up, there are parts of preston which are 99% pakistan. remember what enoch powell said. "if the imigrats set up camps in our country the brits who have conqured the world will react".

the government are to blame, not the imigrants, they now have to sort this out before the masses erupt.herbiemercman.

Speaking as an English Muslim, I would like to take this oppertunity to reply to your comments

You claim not to be a racist, yet some of your comments tend to have a racially predudiced undertone?

Is it not a fact that we 'English' have gone forth & multiplied the four corners of the Earth. - Was this wrong?

Your comment with regard to 'intigration' I find to contradict your comment regarding a 'multicultural Society'.

Please remember that Ted Heath's decision to allow the Ugandan Asians in, is generally seen as an asset to this country. Indeed when you visit your doctor, is he of English decendancy? - I suspect not.

With regard to Nick - he does not have the intellect to succeed, remember Enoch, terrific orator that he was, overwhelmingly lost the debate

With regard to Muslims wanting to blow themselves up in the name of the Koran - this is not correct. True followers of Islam regard suicide attacks as unislamic.

I would like you to know that as a Muslim, I am free to choose, who I marry & what I wear, it seems to me that it is you who seeks to deny me my freedom to choose?

I challenge you to come visit the 'no go areas' & meet the people who you so misunderstand

In my opinion the decline of the UK is not as result of immigration, but as a result of the low expectations & aspirations of the majority of the Anglo-Saxon populace
Indeed the higher expectations & aspirations of asian community & the majority of those who come to this country is im afraid what divides us.

My advice to all you Anglo Saxons, is to stop decieveing yourselves that it is other races who are responsible for your declineing position in the world.
& to face up to the fact that YOU are responsible for your own demise.

Regards D Brown

LSD

Reaction score
You claim not to be a racist, yet some of your comments tend to have a racially predudiced undertone?

An easy accusation to make, but in isolation, worthless comment. Perhaps you could expand? As ever, mentioning differences of culture and the sometimes less laudable traits of some immigrants is taken as generalized racism.

I would like you to know that as a Muslim, I am free to choose, who I marry & what I wear, it seems to me that it is you who seeks to deny me my freedom to choose?

Of course you are, so is everyone. However, to deny that some people find that the large areas of vastly-changed cultural feel a little disconcerting is also to deny the impact of the very culture you choose to proudly represent in a visual form, i.e., wearing the symbolic clothing.

Being "different" (not better or worse) in a society can carry a certain burden, rightly or wrongly. It takes time for things to change, for acceptance. The cultures of many Asian countries and those of "old" Britain are very different, and change cannot be forced, however much certain interests would assume this.

In my opinion the decline of the UK is not as result of immigration, but as a result of the low expectations & aspirations of the majority of the Anglo-Saxon populace
Indeed the higher expectations & aspirations of asian community & the majority of those who come to this country is im afraid what divides us.

My advice to all you Anglo Saxons, is to stop decieveing yourselves that it is other races who are responsible for your declineing position in the world.
& to face up to the fact that YOU are responsible for your own demise.

This I must say is total rubbish, and shows a naive and simplistic view of the events, policies and recent history of this country that have shaped it to what it is (or isn't) today. It's also insulting. If I was to level that toward an Asian community, guess what I'd be called?

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
I can't think of a good reason to build a german car in the uk ???

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda

To be honest, there is a fair amount of truth in this.
In t'old days, a huge swathe of the population aspired to work in the foundry or down t' pit, as their fathers and grandfathers had done. There was no ambition to speak of, thats just what they did. They had the security of the fact that this is how ithad always been. their lives were mapped out. They're settled and comfortable in that view and have no desire to move outside it. fair do's.

Immigrant communities fall into 2 categories. Asylum, where they've been kicked out or run from persecution or economic migrants.
The former have no such comfort. They understand how tenuous things are and that the higher you scamble up the food chain, the stronger you are. As Jewish (and I suspect Asian) mums are famous for saying, 'My Son the Doctor/accountant/Lawyer etc'. In such communities, it's frowned upon to work in a shop or factory (unless you own it :) ) Its a community's survival instinct. As a result, if you don't succeed, you feel you're letting your parents down.Education is valued, as is hard work and commercial risk taking.

Economic migrants are the ones that have the get up and go, to get off their arses and make a better life. So they tend to have equal values.

Its not that long ago that anyone who went to uni from a mining village would have been ostrasised. Quite the opposite of immigrant communities who'd have been feted. I have friends from such places and they are viewed with slight suspicion when they go home.

Move forward to today and the pits and factories are shut. Those safe and mapped lives are in tatters and naturally they look to who's doing well. They spot the succesful immigrant communities, have no understanding of why they're succesful - QED - resentment and the rise of Nick and his henchmen.

Also, you aspire to match or exceed your parents. Hence success breeds success. (and why this glass ceiling cobblers in the news is just that).
My old man ran his own business, lived in a very nice house in a very nice area and drove a merc. Hence, in my mind, a focus and a council house (a normal life as it were) would have been a failure. So, I've always stuck my neck out and worked that bit harder than my collegues. Then, when I'd reached the top where I was, I took a risk, left a wonderful, safe secure job that I loved and set out on my own. I've had some scary moments but I also have my nice house on the best estate and my merc. If I'd stayed in the job, as I really wanted to do, I'd be redundant by now and probably resentful.
People can achieve whatever they want in this country. Thats what makes it so great. If someone doesn't achieve, they've made that decision themselves, consciously or otehrwise. I know people far richer than me, but I don't want their lifestyle, their friends or the falseness and dishonesty of their existance. So I've pitched my life where it is and I'm happy. I'd like a few more quid and maybe an E63, but I'm not prepared to pay the price.

Life is what you make it.

Last edited:

EireJames

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Jeep Grand Cherokee OM642 power

:confused:, multicultural workforce but only if they all want to behave and dress like the Brits. In all fairness.

Apial

Reaction score
Indeed when you visit your doctor, is he of English decendancy? - I suspect not.

Regards D Brown

Well actually my doctor is a she, and she is of English decent. She had the right to marry whom she chooses and wear what she wants too, which is the norm for females in the Western culture.

Hertfordshire Merx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160
On a lighter note I have just received this text message and hope to lift this thread with a bit of light hearted funny truth. Read it and see how you take it, I am sure you will laugh as much as I did! I hope so anyway!!!

Being British is all about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then on the way home stopping off to buy an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab to sit down on a Swedish sofa and watching American shows and films on a Japanese TV. And most of all being suspicious of anything foreign! Oh and only in Britain can you get a pizza delivered to your home faster than an ambulance! Only in Britain do the banks leave both doors wide open and chain their pens to the counters! Also Supermarkets make ill and sick people walk to the back of the shops to buy medicine and collect their prescriptions whilst healthy people can buy their cigarettes and alcohol from the front of the shop! We may be British, but by f**k we're funny!!

All meant as a joke and with good intention - NO racism intended whatsoever.

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
hi davibrow, some of what you say is true about the way of life we brits have brought upon ourselves.

also i have several asian friends, "gt car spares", preston, "del satalite systems", blackburn, good guys.

three of my best area managers were black lads, i hope i can refer to them as black, as i refer to myself as white, colour means nothing, it's how we behave.

my message is about asian ghetos being set up and developing at an alarming rate in many parts of britain, in time we will become the minority.

if brits have gone out into the world to set up little brit ghetos then the people in those lands should have done somthing about it, and as we all know many countries have thrown us out.

we current day brits don't want to suffer due to our forefathers. if people in other countries want to dress so that people can not see who they are, or decide what marriage rules they have etc, then iam happy with that. i just don'want this here for my childeren's future. france and australia are well on with remedial action.

we want integration, a mixed society all pulling together obeying BRITISH LAWS.

it is so sad that the majority of brits are scared to express what they really feel, our do gooder government have mixed us a real bottle and then retreat into nice areas to spend their retirement pensions which they will be enjoying at our expense. best wishes.herbiemercman.

Last edited:

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
Is this a "General Mercedes Benz Related Discussion" or a politically racist attack which has no right to be entertained in this forum.
By the way, I am white 22nd generation British.:(

C

C180 Chris

Typical Makem!!

Failing to understand he point of a sensible discussion.

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
hi teabag, sensible nondeplume that, but yes you are right, just press different buttons and you will not have to get involved.

most members seem to enjoy the occasional departure from car maintenance etc, all be it 90% of my postings were helping members with their cars, as well as them helping me.

finally, where is the racist attack ?

we just want good mixing and integration, NOT massive ghetos developing and growing all over this small island.

it's also nice to see that you are proud of being white. as i said in one of my postings, i do not see colour, i see behaviour.best wishes. herbiemercman.

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
hi hertfordshire merx, thankyou for your private message, many brits "think it" and only a few understandably will say it.

a footballer once said to the referee, if i called you a twot would you send me off ? the ref. replied yes i would have to.

the footballer said what if i just think you are a twot ?

the ref. said well if you just think it i cannot do anything about it.

the footballer then said, i think your a twot. herbiemercman.

Last edited:

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
hi teabag, sensible nondeplume that, but yes you are right, just press different buttons and you will not have to get involved.

most members seem to enjoy the occasional departure from car maintenance etc, all be it 90% of my postings were helping members with their cars, as well as them helping me.

we just want good mixing and integration, NOT massive ghetos developing and growing all over this small island.

it's also nice to see that you are proud of being white. as i said in one of my postings, i do not see colour, i see behaviour.best wishes. herbiemercman.

Hi and thanks for the response.

• "teabag" may have no significance to you but it has to me, this is what a "nom de plume" is about.

• I did press a different button after I posted my reply, it was the off button on my PC.

• I agree totally, this is what I like about this forum

• In my opinion this is what generated it:
    Originally Posted by HERBIEMERCMAN

This statement allowed others to hijack your thread and and turn it into a political/racial slanging match which I did not expect to see on a
    General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion

I am not a political animal, but IMHO, it is the "Brit" who vacates his home when an imigrant moves in next door and the other "Brits" who will not take up the vacant property who create the so called "ghettoes"

it's also nice to see that you are proud of being white. as i said in one of my postings, i do not see colour, i see behaviour.

I'm not proud to be white, I am proud to be "me", the reason I emphasised that I am white and can trace my British ancestry back to 1586, was to discourage some of the other contributers to this thread from thinking they had an ally.

No offence was meant and I hope there is none taken from my reply.

d:class automotive are specialists in automotive interiors and upholstery. From Mercedes and modern cars to custom and classics. Tel: 01483 722923 Email:info@dclass.co.ukWeb:www.dclass.co.uk
Top Bottom