Wrong fuel in tank

colechelle

Resigned
Reaction score
Right after beening a complet plonker this morning and putting £65 of unleaded into my C200 cdi(not a word LuLu) i thought another DIY write up was due,

So after beening in a state of dream, i was putting the pump back into the holder and just thought to my self hold on, the 320 petrol has gone, went and paid for the fuel and told the lady behind the counter that the pump is now out of use due to what i had done, thats the first thing to remember, you can put the key into the ign on to number one but if you hit number two on the key you then prime the fuel pump, now me being a merc tech stright away went to the boot and pulled fuse number 4 from the SAM, forth one down from the top (20amp). locked up car and walked to work, reason for pulling that fuse is so when the recovery truck goes to put the car into n, it wont prime the pump in the tank, ign number 2 needed to release park remember.

Called 24hr and the car turned up an hour later, while a was doing a wrong fuel on a ML!!!

if the car hasnt been run the first job is to remove rear seat, for 13mm nuts behine little plastic covers at the base of the seat, now chances are you will break one or more of these, they do go back on tho, remove seat and sound trim, there your find two large round covers with 6 8mm bolts, remove to find the tank caps, a very large pair of grips to undo these, n,s you will have to remove fuel inlet and out let pipe and muti-plug, then your find the sender units,if the tank is full like mine you will get fuel coming out of the pots, you cant help this, now you can get a draining devise stright into both parts of the tank, just be careful with the senders when poking pipes in there,once drained of fuel, replace the caps and pipes etc, fill with at LEAST 10 liters of fuel and it should start first time, you might find first 15-20 seconds it will mis a little but should keep going with no damage caused,
As i always state this is only my advice but is the only safe way to make sure you completly drain the tank, no other way works!!!! and you can quote me on that!!!!
Cole
If the car had been run, all i can say if the same as above but new filter and if poss suck as much out of the filter fuel lines as you can, then starting will take a lot longer but foot down and crank, some time it can take up to a min of cranking but it will start!!!
As i say this is only my advice as it is the only way of completly draining both side, no other way works and you can quote me on that!!!
Cole

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
It was writen by me!

That was my first user name on this site.

Its been reborn as Blobcat has been sorting out the site!

Its a diy thread, it don't need replies!!

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Is this the first MIRACLE on the site, SAM can cure blindness !!!!!!!!!!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
well we all thought he was blinding! turns out hes really a visionary!!!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom