You couldnt write this.

Deadeye-Detailing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 CDI
So i poced up the CL63 today. Drives mint. Intill you accelerate ever so slightly beween 40 and 50 or you habe distronk on on the motorway and you get behind a lorry, when the lorry moves out the way and the car accerates its self im getting a judder, a bit like driving over a rumble strip on the motorway. Doesnt happen on hard acceleration. As i couldnt drive the car on before hand due to covid i had no idea. Called the dealer who told me to go to AJS performance (mls south) who stayed open late, he thought it was a missfire so we changed the spark plugs (made it nocibly faster) but not helped the judder.

It feel like its comeing from eithe the center ir the car or even the rear.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I don’t want to be the voice of doom, but is it immediately after a gearchange and only lasts for a few seconds?

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
If you only picked it up a couple of days ago, personably I'd take it back to the Dealer and tell them to either get it fixed 100%. (Within a reasonable time). Or your want your money back. End of!

Mr Greedy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350/2011/OM642 265bhp
If you only picked it up a couple of days ago, personably I'd take it back to the Dealer and tell them to either get it fixed 100%. (Within a reasonable time). Or your want your money back. End of!
Apologies if you know this already; I'm not meaning to state the obvious.
The OP has been on a long hunt for the right car, and this CL63 is the one they've set their heart on. I understand it's been through a bit of pre-sale work already regarding potential engine worry that is believed to be resolved, and the warranty that the OP has been given is, we've been told, pretty good. So that said, I'm sure they will want to explore any reasonable options to get the car back into working order rather than play total hard-ball. The warranty is a max limit of £3k though, so I have no idea how much a torque convertor 'fix' would be, if that is indeed what the problem is here.

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
Apologies if you know this already; I'm not meaning to state the obvious.
The OP has been on a long hunt for the right car, and this CL63 is the one they've set their heart on. I understand it's been through a bit of pre-sale work already regarding potential engine worry that is believed to be resolved, and the warranty that the OP has been given is, we've been told, pretty good. So that said, I'm sure they will want to explore any reasonable options to get the car back into working order rather than play total hard-ball. The warranty is a max limit of £3k though, so I have no idea how much a torque convertor 'fix' would be, if that is indeed what the problem is here.
Absolutely with you here.

So, you want to explore every possible fix before refund I would say.

OP
D

Deadeye-Detailing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 CDI
I don’t want to be the voice of doom, but is it immediately after a gearchange and only lasts for a few seconds?
Not immediately after a gear change, like i say if in in say gear 7 doing 60 and gently accelerate to 70 it sounds like im running over a rumble strip

OP
D

Deadeye-Detailing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 CDI
Deffinatly wabt to explore, ive seen loads of videos where if it is the Toruqe Convertor a aimple flush and change sorts it? The TC is coverd on warrwnty but if i went for it now they would say pre exsisting problem. I apao found put today that mercades actually produce a "anti judder" additive for YC judder. Its booked in on tuesday where we will go for a drive with it plugged in.

Also i heard if you apply the brake while its doing it if its the TC it would go away. I tryed it and it didnt go away.

Im on my way to get it up on a ramp to see if its the prop bearing thing.

OP
D

Deadeye-Detailing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 CDI
Update!

Took it to my friend who is a V8 NUT, he didnt know i was coming.

As i pulled up he went " thats missfiring i can hear it" we plugged its in and it said random missfire cylinder 4

So, he also while running sprayed some break cleaner arround the intake manifold and it started to miss big time, indicating a air leak. So intake manifold gaskets ordered and being fitted Tuesday.

So thats 2 V8 guys who have both said its a missfire.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Update!

Took it to my friend who is a V8 NUT, he didnt know i was coming.

As i pulled up he went " thats missfiring i can hear it" we plugged its in and it said random missfire cylinder 4

So, he also while running sprayed some break cleaner arround the intake manifold and it started to miss big time, indicating a air leak. So intake manifold gaskets ordered and being fitted Tuesday.

So thats 2 V8 guys who have both said its a missfire.
That would make a good number plate buddy (V8NUT) , hope that’s your car sorted now

OP
D

Deadeye-Detailing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 CDI
That would make a good number plate buddy (V8NUT) , hope that’s your car sorted now
Lol yeh it would! And ****** expensive too!

Also ordered new injectors and a coukke of coil packs just in case. And booked in wednesday for diff oil and gearbox service.

Just been sat having a bight to eat sat in the car. Ive got more tv channels in the car than at home! Lol

Mr Greedy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350/2011/OM642 265bhp
Don't forget the dealer has the responsibility to fix any faults that occur in the first 6 (or is it 3?) months. The warranty is mostly there to protect the dealer in this time frame. If the warranty won't cover it, that's tough luck on the dealer (unless they refuse to honour their legal commitment under law, in which case you have other recourse, like sueing them). I wouldn't just cough up for this straight away yourself without at least exploring with the seller if they will pay.

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only the Vito left! W639/1 OM646
Don't forget the dealer has the responsibility to fix any faults that occur in the first 6 (or is it 3?) months. The warranty is mostly there to protect the dealer in this time frame. If the warranty won't cover it, that's tough luck on the dealer (unless they refuse to honour their legal commitment under law, in which case you have other recourse, like sueing them). I wouldn't just cough up for this straight away yourself without at least exploring with the seller if they will pay.

The selling dealer has a responsibilty to fix any pre-existing fault that wasn't declared beforehand.
It's easier during the first 6 months since the onus would be on the selling dealer to prove it wasn't there at point of sale.
After 6 months they're still liable but, the onus is on the purchaser to prove it was there at point of sale.

Within 28 or 30 days (can't remember which) you can ask for a full refund.
After that period you have to give them one chance to repair before asking for a refund. If you do ask for a refund you won't be entitled to the full amount back since you've had usage of the vehicle. (Don't ask what the calculation would be.)

OP
D

Deadeye-Detailing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 CDI
To be honest im actually not that bothered, id rather pay at a place of my choosing than use their guys!

I always new i would be doing these things at some point anyway!

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Return the car for a full refund.
It's a dud with all the faults it has.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom