Your thoughts on our new site(s)?

power-steering

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well I spent all weekend re-constructing our Power Steering website and now have also decided to build a seperate website for our ECU Repairs side of business.

You can find the links as follows below:
Power Steering Services: http://www.power-steering.co.uk

ECU Repairs / ECU Exchange: http://www.ecu-repairs.co.uk

I'm yet to design a logo for the ECU Repairs website and still working on the central images.. but what are your thoughts so far guys?

I know most will slant me for the 0871 numbers but that's purely because of the benefits it brings to us:
  • Non-Geographic Number (Attracts nationwide business!)
  • Easily diverts to another number when we need it for out of office or emergencies.
  • Able to use the online statistics to monitor our calls and use the information to help grow our business

Look forward to any responses and any positive/negative feedback I receive.. constructive though please :)

Regards,
Jay

Beaucoupnice

Reaction score
A few comments...

It looks quite professional. Good colour balance - nothing too outrageous which is instils confidence. When I type in Power Steering into yahoo search, your site comes up 2nd - which is quite good for you.

Is it Powering Steering Box or Power steering box! ( grammar check - front page)

One of your right-hand bubbles has blue text on a blue background and is quite hard to read. ( common problems)

Under the common problems bubble a client comment has the word "...F***** hate this car..". Maybe its not the best face to put forward to new customers??

How about a map to tell me how to find you...

Can I email you direct? I hate it when websites don't offer a direct email address. It makes me think the company wants to partially obstruct communication channels with the outside world ( Have you ever tried to find an email address for a large companies like say Virgin - they are always hidden in some dark corner of theri website)

How abotu some before and after videos? ( I know perhaps its a bit OTT but it might be a nice addition to strengthen the proof that you actually are a real-life company - with a workshop and men with oily fingers etc)

Just a few thoughts .. good luck

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It looks nice to me and I have booked marked them both:D

OP
P

power-steering

Reaction score
Thanks Malcolm... worked day and night over the weekend trying to get it finished before the Monday morning so that it doesn't disrupt work lol.

OP
P

power-steering

Reaction score
A few comments...

It looks quite professional. Good colour balance - nothing too outrageous which is instils confidence. When I type in Power Steering into yahoo search, your site comes up 2nd - which is quite good for you.

Is it Powering Steering Box or Power steering box! ( grammar check - front page)

One of your right-hand bubbles has blue text on a blue background and is quite hard to read. ( common problems)

Under the common problems bubble a client comment has the word "...F***** hate this car..". Maybe its not the best face to put forward to new customers??

How about a map to tell me how to find you...

Can I email you direct? I hate it when websites don't offer a direct email address. It makes me think the company wants to partially obstruct communication channels with the outside world ( Have you ever tried to find an email address for a large companies like say Virgin - they are always hidden in some dark corner of theri website)

How abotu some before and after videos? ( I know perhaps its a bit OTT but it might be a nice addition to strengthen the proof that you actually are a real-life company - with a workshop and men with oily fingers etc)

Just a few thoughts .. good luck

Thank you so much! :D
You've been most helpful and I will definitely get all the red highlighted stuff above changed.

In regards to the RSS feed with the foul language, I didn't see this.. It's an RSS feed pulled from another site to do with Power Steering Common Faults.. I will definitely be eliminating this from the site asap because it is NOT the image I want to put across for my company.

In regards to your video comment.. I wouldn't say so much OTT.. because I've already been thinking of doing a company photo to sit as an image on the homepage, aligned to the right of the writing. Also a page for a quick write up of each employee the company currently has and their job roles..

I do see what you're saying about the email address.. currently you can click "Contact Us" to the right of the page and if you scroll down, you'll find a contact form. - I think that Contact us page should just have our company address, telephone number and contact form (minus all the extra information on there)... all the extra info should go on another page so I will have that sorted as well :)

Thank you guys again so much.. VERY much appreciated :)

jamesmc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W208 CLK230K Cabriolet
Also bookmarked both sites and am pleased that the ECU repair option is now available for all to make use of. The 1 year warranty is a deal decider as far as I am concerned, especially as you will also ship outside the UK, also a bonus for us that live on the EU mainland.

OP
P

power-steering

Reaction score
Thank you James Mc :)

I've just removed the RSS feeds because of the disturbing language that was used in them by their authors - replaced it with "recent posts".

Also have added a Live Support link for online support so email and telephone are now not the only two options for contact :)

I am currently working on the contact forms for both sites.. then go on to adding some kind of a map as suggested above. What kind of map would you guys suggest? (A google map?)

vijilants

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C320 CDI Sport
You guys replaced the steering box on my w123 coupe 14 years ago :)

Good to see that business is still ticking over.

OP
P

power-steering

Reaction score
14 years ago.. still going strong?

Yes we're still here, thank you :).. I intend to expand the business in the very near future with more branches and services too.

Colt45_GTO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 merc 190E 1.8 Auto, 1990 Mitsubishi GTO TwinTurbo AWD, 1997 Toyota Hiace PowerVan 2.4D
good looking site-s, some guy called Jay was manning the live support too, very helpful ;)

btw what site template is it?

Dave GTO NorthWest

vijilants

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C320 CDI Sport
14 years ago.. still going strong?

Yes we're still here, thank you :).. I intend to expand the business in the very near future with more branches and services too.

I sold the car car 9 years ago after owning it for 15 years but I saw it a few months ago on the road so yes it looks like its still going strong by the looks of things thanks. :)

Wish it was still mine....they don't make cars like that any more :)

OP
P

power-steering

Reaction score
I sold the car car 9 years ago after owning it for 15 years but I saw it a few months ago on the road so yes it looks like its still going strong by the looks of things thanks. :)

Wish it was still mine....they don't make cars like that any more :)

We was short staffed towards the end of 2008 whereby 2 members of staff were on holiday and 1 off sick, and with our ramps over loaded... we had no one but myself to collect a vehicle for a non-power to power conversion..

I had to go and collect a Talbot Express (Manual Steering) from Wiltshire.. to bring back to base so that the techs can do a power steering conversion.. by the time I got back, even standing straight was painful lol :cry:

Good to hear she's still going strong, it's true.. earlier vehicles seem to have less problems, I guess it's got a lot to do with the setups were just so much simpler those days.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom