Your Worst Nightmare

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
We were on holiday for my birthday last week in Lanzarote and the day after we arrived we were sitting by the pool in the hot sun and get a phone call from our daughter that our house has been burgled and both cars were stolen as well.

Needless to say we were devestated, they ransacked the house and then into the bargain nicked the cars as well.

Luckly my cars got a tracker and it was discovered a mile from our home along with the wifes car and they appear un damaged but as they stole all the keys they were recoved by the police to a compound for forensics.

Mine is now at local MB to have all it's locks etc to be replaced and the wifes awaiting for the car to be opened by locksmith so police can get in for the forensics as well,then that will go to be repaired locks etc.

I supose we were lucky in some respects that the family were arround for us and completely cleaned the house for us while we were away.

So be aware when you go away tell no one and always try to get someone to check it on a daily basis for you, because even ours was alarmed but the got on roof and ripped off alarm bell and strobe and ripped off internal keypad aswell to disable it, our new alarm when fitted will be redcare to police now.

Is it likely that our cars will go on stolen recovered insurers list hence lowering the values,

Should i ask MB for a curtesy car while mine being repaired as insureres say they only supply if car goes to there recomended accident repair center but i wanted it to go to MB incase any damage repairs and its still under warranty so did not want to invalidate that.

Thanks for listening nice to get it off your shoulders sometimes as i'm still fuming.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Money well spent is a tracker!!!!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck!!!!

robert_jean221

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 C220 cdi Estate (W203)
We were on holiday for my birthday last week in Lanzarote and the day after we arrived we were sitting by the pool in the hot sun and get a phone call from our daughter that our house has been burgled and both cars were stolen as well.

Needless to say we were devestated, they ransacked the house and then into the bargain nicked the cars as well.

Luckly my cars got a tracker and it was discovered a mile from our home along with the wifes car and they appear un damaged but as they stole all the keys they were recoved by the police to a compound for forensics.

Mine is now at local MB to have all it's locks etc to be replaced and the wifes awaiting for the car to be opened by locksmith so police can get in for the forensics as well,then that will go to be repaired locks etc.

I supose we were lucky in some respects that the family were arround for us and completely cleaned the house for us while we were away.

So be aware when you go away tell no one and always try to get someone to check it on a daily basis for you, because even ours was alarmed but the got on roof and ripped off alarm bell and strobe and ripped off internal keypad aswell to disable it, our new alarm when fitted will be redcare to police now.

Is it likely that our cars will go on stolen recovered insurers list hence lowering the values,

Should i ask MB for a curtesy car while mine being repaired as insureres say they only supply if car goes to there recomended accident repair center but i wanted it to go to MB incase any damage repairs and its still under warranty so did not want to invalidate that.

Thanks for listening nice to get it off your shoulders sometimes as i'm still fuming.

Rotton luck, hope you are well insured.

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
our sympathies too - a lot of us have been there-makes me so angry when i hear these stories - i think the worst feeling is knowing someone has been in your house

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
No cars wont go any stolen recovered lists..unless damage costs total more than 2/3 value of the cars... or a car up to 1 yr old and you dont want it back again... Insurance company will only keep a record of the details just for their own records..Mb will also have a record of the work carried out...
If the car is still under warranty and the damage is only to replace locks you can insist that this is done at a garage of your choice..which would be the local MB dealer..
This wont have any bearing on the resale value of the cars..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
So sorry to hear your rotten news John :(:(

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
Sorry to hear the terrible news. I hope they are caught and locked up for a long time (though I doubt that)

OP
J

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
Thanks for your replys, We are fully insured so no problem there but what a hassel, trying to sort out what is missing, and when identifying what they cost where from and finding reciepts, i would not wish it on anyone.

Just one question would MB do a check on the engine to see if any damage was done through thrashing the car especially when it was cold, i know it's a performance engine so hopefully no damage done but is there some test they can do ?

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
hard to tell if an engine has been thrashed..best indicator is the rear tyres, they will be normally give a good indication of how the car has been driven..

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Sorry to hear about what happened.

The cynic in me tells me to expect a claim against you for deprevation of transport, as the vehicles were recovered before they could be used properly and therefore would like to be compensated for that.

Maybe a Human Rights infringement too, for not allowing them to gain from their proceeds of crime.

The realist in me, tells me that I'm pretty near the truth.!!

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
I'm so sorry to hear about what happened, that is just awful. I had no idea that a burglar alarm could be disarmed like that, it does make you wonder why people bother having them installed if they can just be ripped off like that :(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I'm so sorry to hear about what happened, that is just awful. I had no idea that a burglar alarm could be disarmed like that, it does make you wonder why people bother having them installed if they can just be ripped off like that :(

Alarm bell boxes do have in built batteries, if the wires are cut the bell goes off on some systems

Last edited:

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Alarm bell boxes do in built batteries, if the wires are cut the bell goes off on some systems

Oh yes that's right, I remember that from when our dog was a puppy and she used to chew through the alarm wires going around the frame of the kitchen door :shock:

twistedsanity

Reaction score
alarms are easy to disarm, photograph everything you posess for insurance purposes, a can of squirty expanding builders filler will disable almost anything(even gatso's), gsm alarm diallers are cheap as chips on flea bay nowdays

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom