Any F1 fans

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
There may be trouble ahead!!!!!

Fernando Alonso has demanded an "immediate response" from McLaren to their disastrous winter testing and insisted only the underperforming Honda engine was preventing the team from being potential winners in 2017.

With just two days of pre-season testing remaining, McLaren are bottom of the timesheets for both laps completed and the fastest times recorded at the Circuit de Catalunya.

"I don't think we are too far back with the chassis, we have only one problem which is the power unit," Alonso told reporters.

"There is no reliability and there is no power. We are 30kph down on the straight."

Alonso also described the fault with the MCL32's fuel tank on the first day of winter testing as an "amateur problem".

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
There may be trouble ahead!!!!!

Fernando Alonso has demanded an "immediate response" from McLaren to their disastrous winter testing and insisted only the underperforming Honda engine was preventing the team from being potential winners in 2017.

With just two days of pre-season testing remaining, McLaren are bottom of the timesheets for both laps completed and the fastest times recorded at the Circuit de Catalunya.

"I don't think we are too far back with the chassis, we have only one problem which is the power unit," Alonso told reporters.

"There is no reliability and there is no power. We are 30kph down on the straight."

Alonso also described the fault with the MCL32's fuel tank on the first day of winter testing as an "amateur problem".

He must regret staying with them. I can only think he is getting free Sushi for life from Honda or something to keep him there.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
He must regret staying with them. I can only think he is getting free Sushi for life from Honda or something to keep him there.

I thought £40m a year would suffice

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
$40m including bonuses. But he could get that with most teams i reckon, if not more!

I keep using the £ sign as it is considerable more important than the $ sign lol

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
At McLaren's reveal, ALO said he had a call from Mercedes regarding ROS's seat but it was a short conversation as he was committed to McLaren Honda.

I bet he regrets that now!

He may jump ship mid season unless there is a dramatic increase in performance. JB is still on their books...however seeing out the season with a tight lip will put him in better stead for a drive next year with a top team, if he hasn't lost his passion for F1 by then

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Wouldn't surprise me to see Alonso quit mid season if the McClaren is as bad as last season. His patience isn't limitless. Not looking good from the 3 day testing.

Even more likely after another pre season disaster for McClaren.

He'd rather have a sabbatical than drive a milk float.

Vintage Racer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SL320 (R129)
Even more likely after another pre season disaster for McClaren.

He'd rather have a sabbatical than drive a milk float.

He'd rather drive a milk float than that McLaren..............and United Dairies Livery is better as well! :D

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
What is Hamilton's game?
He is slower almost everywhere than class-leading Bottas.
It's not in his nature to sandbag throughout a test without showing his colours at least once.

Umble

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
What is Hamilton's game?
He is slower almost everywhere than class-leading Bottas.
It's not in his nature to sandbag throughout a test without showing his colours at least once.

Umble

Depends on fuel loads, what setup he's running, simulating race or qualifying. Who knows. But come race weekend in Aus I think it will be a different story.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Oh dear! :lol:

89097782012c367bf01d846e9b42c752.jpg

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
At this rate Honda will run out before the season starts!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
About Vettel

He backed off on main straight! Next lap was 0.7secs quicker in the last sector easily making a 1.18 #sandbagging

That interesting side pod design is working

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
When the McLaren is on the back of the pickup truck, do those laps count towards the total lap count???

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
At this rate Honda will run out before the season starts!

Electrical problem both times this morning apparently, they have no idea what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I do. They can't build reliable F1 Engines anymore. Been out the game too long and trying to catch up to quick.

Top Bottom