What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I get 8-9k out of my rears and on 18k on the current fronts
Hmm. One front and one rear have gone- damn fast- so I suspect it’s a tracking issue from what the garage have said; I thought the front brake pads had gone initially!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Hmm. One front and one rear have gone- damn fast- so I suspect it’s a tracking issue from what the garage have said; I thought the front brake pads had gone initially!

My fronts have worn really well except the outside edges due to the way Mercs turn their wheels, they will have to be changed long before the tread wears out.

Mine eats the rears, Hunter alignment has been done and it is perfect

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
@JBell
There is a lot of torque from a 350CDi, so maybe that’s why?....

....my rears on the CL are just about ‘done’.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
I second that. "You must be minted... alright for some!" etc.

They completely miss the point that I've worked two jobs for 10+ years, don't smoke, minimal boozing, often work through bank holidays, gone 4 years without holidays (more than once), don't update my wardrobe on a monthly basis (much to my good lady's constant disappointment!)... don't have kids to support...

Gone through phases of giving a monkeys and not... Am currently in the "try working a bit harder, spend a bit wiser" phase. Often not well received!

Like you I worked damned hard doing all the over time I could, working bank holidays etc... for my car, it's my only vice, I don't smoke, I don't drink at all (I know, hard to believe a Scotsman's Teetotal, lol) I don't run around with the lads (or the lassies) and my wardrobe is largely unchanged in the last 3-4 years and tbh it was only updated then when I had to lose 4 stone before my triple heart bypass.

My focus has always been my family and my car in that order. In fact it's only since the boys have grown up and are now making their own way in the world and also getting the mortgage monkey off my back that I've been able to indulge myself with the Merc, even at that, I just managed to do so a year before my 60th birthday thanks to my very patient wife. (Wonderful woman!:) Lol).

I think I'll need to follow your example and just not give a foxtrot. :D:D

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
The government is considering lowering inheritance tax threshold to £250,000 so most retirees estates will become taxable and all 25 year olds get a £25,000 windfall to buy a home. At the same time they have relaxed Mortgage borrowing for over 65s so instead of equity release you can remortgage interest only until death without reducing your capital growth as long as you borrow enough to meet the payments and you have sufficient equity.

In light of the above all retirees should consider borrowing like mad against their property to reduce any inheritance tax and care costs (because we are only thinking of our beloved children) and to fund their New Mercedes every 3 years. Sound like good fiscal planning?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
2 new rear tyres thanks to a strategally placed nail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Today I collected my car from MBS Southampton (thanks) all running beautifully again. The car's a bit grubby round the edges but it's raining so I can't get out there and wash it. So sorry that Summer happened while the car was in the workshop, but there'll probably be another clear blue sky along soon.

SRE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2005
Replaced the alarm siren. Have had the occasional unexplained alarm activation which resulted in the lights flashing and no noise but last week the siren activated while driving up the A5 with the top down... took a few seconds of looking around to realise it was me and took another mile or so to find somewhere to pull over and deactivate it. Heading over to Jersey for a week in the sun at the end of the month and thought it would be wise to change it now... don't want it going off on the ferry!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I think I'll need to follow your example and just not give a foxtrot. :D:D

That’s the way to go. I have two MBS. One cost me £2.4k and the other £3.7; they’re the cheapest cars I’ve ever bought (but not cheapest to run lol) but I’ve had people come out with the “Craig Two Mercs” thing at work (from people I know who make wayyy more than me, to boot).

This country rewards success with jealousy.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
That’s the way to go. I have two MBS. One cost me £2.4k and the other £3.7; they’re the cheapest cars I’ve ever bought (but not cheapest to run lol) but I’ve had people come out with the “Craig Two Mercs” thing at work (from people I know who make wayyy more than me, to boot).

This country rewards success with jealousy.
I was about to say "2 Mercs" who does he think he is , until I realised that's me as well :D

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Tried that auto parking thingy.
Kinda scary handing over control the first time.
But wow is it smart, and extremely accurate :):)

Ace toy! I would order that.

Stupidly I tried that with the wife in the car .... ****** fatal. “Oh do that again ... theres a space”

“Hmmm thats really useful ... I want a new car, and it must have that” .... you know that half smile but the serious look ... the one that NEVER goes away! Till shes got what she wants. :(:(:(

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yeah, Auto Park is really, really good. Takes a lot to trust the car with your favourite alloys on, but it literally never fails.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Tried that auto parking thingy.
Kinda scary handing over control the first time.
But wow is it smart, and extremely accurate :):)

Ace toy! I would order that.

Stupidly I tried that with the wife in the car .... ****** fatal. “Oh do that again ... theres a space”

“Hmmm thats really useful ... I want a new car, and it must have that” .... you know that half smile but the serious look ... the one that NEVER goes away! Till shes got what she wants. :(:(:(

Hey Sub, how long have you been married sir?

And you still haven't learned the self (read wallet) preservation thing?

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Hey Sub, how long have you been married sir?

And you still haven't learned the self (read wallet) preservation thing?
He will do if she starts sounding like my other half, she has just decided that the Ferrari California is the car for her using that half smile!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom