Keyless go

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
^ good point- my wife dropped the Volvo key inside the car but assumed she had misplaced it in the home somewhere then locked the car with her iphone, only to realise the key must indeed be in the car...and it was. Although you cannot lock the doors by touch with the key inside the car, you could with your phone. Lose signal then.......

I didnt realise you could lock a car with a phone ....

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I didnt realise you could lock a car with a phone ....

My brothers Jaaaaag can be remotely started from the comfort of his armchair using his phone. Still locked as well so it won't disappear while its warming up.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Being honest, KG is a bit of a gimmick. I can't speak for the newer models, but it is one thing guaranteed to fail on an older W211/230/219. The handles fail and at £150+ each one (or £100 repaired), they aren't cheap to keep replacing. Only one of my four works properly, one locks only and two are as useful as conventional handles.

Sure, its a kick to press the button on the gearstick to hear the V8 burst into life, but that novelty wears quickly.

On a new car, I wouldn't order it, but I wouldn't rule out a used car if it has it.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
My brothers Jaaaaag can be remotely started from the comfort of his armchair using his phone. Still locked as well so it won't disappear while its warming up.

My son had an elaberated alarm come remote starter system fitted to he 'T' plate Astra in 2006, a thousand pounds worth of wasted money on a £300 car. :rolleyes:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Yip ditto with the Volvo!

wivenhoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 E Class E350e plug in hybrid
Yip ditto with the Volvo!
You can pre-heat / cool the E350e having set the time without being in it. You can also do away with the key completely and open & lock using a phone. I haven’t had the courage to completely rely on the battery life of a phone
MB have just stopped offering the remote parking pilot - this is where you can start and park the car (or retrieve) whilst standing outside the car. It’s very useful when an idiot parks so close you cant get in !

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Are the preheaters like the kenlow etc that heat and pump the coolant? Or is it remote engine running? Don't mind the first, wouldnt want the second.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Are the preheaters like the kenlow etc that heat and pump the coolant? Or is it remote engine running? Don't mind the first, wouldnt want the second.
Remote engine running in mine- I think the electric hybrid jobs run the heaters via electrickery

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I thought that was actually illegal, an unattended running car? I suppose because it's locked it's ok.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I thought that was actually illegal, an unattended running car? I suppose because it's locked it's ok.
I’m guessing so too- IIRC its running unattended with the keys in- no doubt some font of knowledge will correct us !

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
was a cops and robbers how to steal keyless go cars on ITV this week...

forgot to mention you can disable merc keyless on older fobs... but did say the latest have a motion sensor so if hanging on a hook or lying on a table with no movement you can't steal the signal and nick the car.... brilliantly simple idea (better than nothing)

give it 5 years and some marketing nob will come up with the idea of a device you put in a hole and turn it... without the right device it won't turn

coxyhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E500 Sport Coupe
Maybe I'm cynical but I've always thought the reason behind KG was cost,a sensor & electronic circuit being cheaper to manufacture/install than an ignition unit.
The makers then market it as state of the art & make even more money from us.

wivenhoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 E Class E350e plug in hybrid
As John said - it runs off the battery so better to run it when plugged in. As I live close to the station so plenty of battery left, I find it useful when on a train home in the winter I can switch it on using Mercedes Me and then jump in a defrosted and warm car !

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
... give it 5 years and some marketing nob will come up with the idea of a device you put in a hole and turn it... without the right device it won't turn

I want one! Brilliant idea.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.

It's illegal in some (many?) places now to idle engines due to emissions regualtions.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
It's illegal in some (many?) places now to idle engines due to emissions regualtions.
I reckon I will die from old age before all these regs come into play where I live.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
A03CED52-F83B-4EFF-ABD9-013C83747CA6.jpeg Fair play to Amazon (and ultimately the vendor)- this thread reminded/prompted me to complain about the faraday pouches I bought in Feb which stopped working after a couple of months and they sent me 2 x FOC replacements (with improvements), arrived today and work as they should. Let’s see if they continue

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
mate bought a few of these from different vendors... none offer any protection at all

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom