Light-coloured interiors!

OP
grayb

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Saddle brown and black trim wouldn't be my first choice, I'm afraid. We've had an almond beige interior in our S212 for 8 years now - hasn't been that hard to look after. The carpets are black, obviously. It's quite easy to find BMWs with light-coloured interiors and MB did them until about 2017 or so.
It would seriously put us off an S213 if all we could have is a black/grey interior. When we were talking to MB Tonbridge about an AllTerrain, the principle was all for getting an interior re-coloured for us...

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Like everybody else I am not a fan of all black interiors...always better with a bit of colour in there to brighten things up.
Mine divided opinion, but Boofle and I loved it. :D
8.jpg Boofle.jpg

Mark Q

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R 230 SL 500 2004 & Nissan Navara, Jag F-Pace, BMW Z4
I'd love a nice light interior, but the home boss says that its 'old man' . I say I am an old man but she always wins.

bc100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205 C250 BluTec Estate 2014
It took me a long time to find a light interior car but the wait was worth it. I find that lighter interiors make the car feel more spacious and I have not found the upholstry any harder to keep clean although other lighter parts need more work. Luckily the floor is black.

My other dislike is privacy glass, it makes the interior seem more gloomy especially on a cloudy day.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
My other dislike is privacy glass, it makes the interior seem more gloomy especially on a cloudy day.
What are people doing in the back of their car that requires privacy glass? I'm rarely bothered by the paparazzi these days :)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
It took me a long time to find a light interior car but the wait was worth it. I find that lighter interiors make the car feel more spacious and I have not found the upholstry any harder to keep clean although other lighter parts need more work. Luckily the floor is black.

Ditto - I think it looks stupid.

OP
grayb

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Our estate has 'privacy glass' and it's horrid. Spoils the side profile of the car, and it is very gloomy for those sitting in the back. The dogs don't mind it, however... We would seriously consider looking for normal glass from a breakers and getting it swapped over.

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 - AMG E 53 - 4MATIC - Premium Plus - Night Edition - Mild Hybrid Estate.
Our estate has 'privacy glass' and it's horrid. Spoils the side profile of the car, and it is very gloomy for those sitting in the back. The dogs don't mind it, however... We would seriously consider looking for normal glass from a breakers and getting it swapped over.
Get one with a pano roof. :)

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I like the privacy glass in my ML ...
I've never noticed it being "gloomy" in the back.
I neither like or dislike mine. I was a standard fit and I had no choice. I have never had any complaints from rear seat passengers either.

OP
grayb

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Conversely, our passengers in Provence last week both commented on the car windows obscuring the colours of the countryside we were driving through.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I've never had complaints from the rear seat passengers in either this car or the previous that also had it.
It is practical - our car does not have it, our grandkids sometimes complain about the sun in their eyes and it is cooler for the dog. IMO it does not look very nice.

Top Bottom