Light-coloured interiors!

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Whilst sitting in the car park at the Calais 'Le Shuttle' terminal I spotted a 21 reg E300de estate in shiny black paintwork. The passengers came back to the car and opened the doors - imagine my delight when I saw the light-coloured interior!!! It was the same almond-beige colour as our old bus. I didn't think MB-UK allowed anything other than grey interiors these days?

OP
grayb

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
This is a nice alternative to black if you can't find a light grey or cream
View attachment 86537
Last time I looked at W213 estates, the only ones that allowed the option of anything other than graphite grey were the AMGs and the AllTerrain. And they cancelled the Macadamia option on the AllTerrain after a couple of years too...

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 - AMG E 53 - 4MATIC - Premium Plus - Night Edition - Mild Hybrid Estate.
Last time I looked at W213 estates, the only ones that allowed the option of anything other than graphite grey were the AMGs and the AllTerrain. And they cancelled the Macadamia option on the AllTerrain after a couple of years too...
Hmmm.....This is my S213 AMG Estate with the Macchiato interior.
IMG_1532.jpeg

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I can’t understand why people like or, the majority of cars have black interiors. I mean we don’t paint our house walls black, then get black carpet and sofas do we.

I have always said vehicles interiors should be light in colour or, anything but black as it’s more inviting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Interestingly, evry time I see promo shots for new Mercedes models, they always seem to have beautiful exterior and interior colour combos not available to UK customers. :(

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
View attachment 86538
Lovely but not practical. I’d be constantly worrying about them.

Reminded me of a BMW 5 series that I purchased about 30 years ago which had so many issues they eventually gave me a new car. When I got home my wife pointed out that the seats were not black (as in the one they replaced) but more of a very dark grey.

I went back to the dealer and pointed it out and his response was “it is light black”. :rolleyes: Turned out there was a problem with the leather and they had to replace everything affected.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That is like wearing a black belt with brown shoes (or vise versa). Not done. ;)

You do realise that people won’t care about that when they think fake diffusers, exhausts and vents, second rate materials are ‘wicked’

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Practicality.

I get to that an extent but in mine, it forces me to look after the leather and as for the mats I have transparent mats over them.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
View attachment 86538
I had that interior in my W213, 48k miles and still looked perfect.

Black interiors don’t stay any cleaner… you just can’t see the dirt as easily

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
I had that interior in my W213, 48k miles and still looked perfect.

Black interiors don’t stay any cleaner… you just can’t see the dirt as easily

I agree.

I think there are two things here. Seats, and Carpets. You will notice in the photos above, the carpets are black, like my SL63.

Light coloured carpets can look dirty after a few years if you do not use mats. My 993 had light grey carpets, a mushroom interior I think it was called, but. I managed to keep them clean by using over-mats. The SL63 has black carpets and red seats. This is a sensible combination.

Seats are not a problem, if you carefully use the right cleaners and conditioners, and treat the car with respect. If I am wearing dirty overalls, then I either change before driving, or drive another vehicle.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
Interestingly, evry time I see promo shots for new Mercedes models, they always seem to have beautiful exterior and interior colour combos not available to UK customers. :(
Brexit :rolleyes::):)

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Woolite liquid is surprising good, and gentle, at cleaning light coloured interiors.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I agree.

I think there are two things here. Seats, and Carpets. You will notice in the photos above, the carpets are black, like my SL63.

Light coloured carpets can look dirty after a few years if you do not use mats. My 993 had light grey carpets, a mushroom interior I think it was called, but. I managed to keep them clean by using over-mats. The SL63 has black carpets and red seats. This is a sensible combination.

Seats are not a problem, if you carefully use the right cleaners and conditioners, and treat the car with respect. If I am wearing dirty overalls, then I either change before driving, or drive another vehicle.
Or you simply buy a practical colour and not worry about carefully using the right cleaners & conditioners. No need for spend for carpet covers etc. Perhapy clear vinyl seat covers wold be a good solution.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
You do realise that people won’t care about that when they think fake diffusers, exhausts and vents, second rate materials are ‘wicked’

I didn’t realise we were discussing "fake diffusers, exhausts and vents, second rate material” . I thought we were discussing how nice light coloured interiors look?

All a matter of personal preference. I simply expressed my dislike of a brown/black combination.

Top Bottom