W211 Parktronic sensor problem

Lee3530

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 320 CDI 2006
Parktronic

Hi newbie here,
I have a similar problem with my ML320, the car was at the dealers the other day, and when it was on the computer it flagged up that the parktronics where not working but not which sensor was not working, so I would like to know where the control unit is, so I can check the connections etc... When the parktronics comes on there are 2 red lights on and no sound, the bumper has been off for a respray recently. As I have only just bought the car I don’t understand the workings of the parktronics system, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi newbie here,
I have a similar problem with my ML320, the car was at the dealers the other day, and when it was on the computer it flagged up that the parktronics where not working but not which sensor was not working, so I would like to know where the control unit is, so I can check the connections etc... When the parktronics comes on there are 2 red lights on and no sound, the bumper has been off for a respray recently. As I have only just bought the car I don’t understand the workings of the parktronics system, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

If the rear bumper has been resprayed the chances are they put too much paint on the sensors, they should have been covered over. with too much paint the face can no longer resonate at the 22khz

Lee3530

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 320 CDI 2006
If the rear bumper has been resprayed the chances are they put too much paint on the sensors, they should have been covered over. with too much paint the face can no longer resonate at the 22khz

Can the paint be cleaned off or rubbed down?
Do you know where the control unit is kept on the ML 2006 model?

Thanks

Lee

Fady

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Sport S212 Estate
Just as final update to my parking sensor problem - as many here, they stopped working when it rained etc. Rather than taking the car in for a Star check, I took a punt that the problem was more likely to be with a faulty rear sensor. This after a number of others here had reported same. I was then lucky enough to win an ebay bid for a set of 2007 Vito sensors. Minimal listing details but I verified the part numbers and 6 sensors in total though one looks damaged. I replaced all 4 sensors and didn't even have to paint them since the valence on my rear sports bumper is the same grey plastic. Result :)

frontstar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/2005/200K
Hi, new on this forum and also new with my W211 E200 (saloon) from 2004 since last week. But I also having the Parktronic-out-of-function-problem.
For me it´s same problem with front and rear display, red ligts on and beep.
Malcolm, could you please send me the documents about how to remove the sensors?

My adress: kb.ahlfors++gmail.com (remove ++ and replace with the correct character)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK and sent to lovely Sweden :D

frontstar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/2005/200K
Thanks for the documents, Malcolm.

One question before I start stripping the bumpers and try to replace sensors; How do I know that it´s just one or several sensors that is broken? Could it be a electronic problem higher up in the control system?

The indication I see is that the 2 red LED´s appear both in front and back display and I can hear a beep when I activate the system by the button. If I check for faults ( in the speedo-display) I only get the message "No malfunction".

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
A STAR test would reveal which sensors are faulty, or if there is a problem in the control module/displays

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Asa Peter a STAR test is the easy way then replace the fault one.

Something like a lollipop ladies stick is a good way of checking them just turn on and hold the stick over each one in turn

Walenut

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Freelander 2
Parktronic has packed up, after reading the previous posts I'm presuming that due to the cold weather everything has shrunk a bit and this has possibly allowed some damp in?

So that's the aerial amplifiers replaced (dashboard out, 'A' post trims removed etc) and now the parktronic, getting a bit worried as the warranty ends in March & I'll have to MOT it, if I had wanted this much trouble I'd have brought a Land Rover! :(

romanap25

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C220 2.2L 16v CDi (E3)
Hi everyone.
I hope someone can help me with this.
I recently had my gearbox changed and since i got my car back i have no sound coming from my parking sensors. when i engage reverse i have no sound what so ever and on the little screen above the rear view mirror where it normally shows yellow and red bars a message apper, first 'CO' then '0.C'. the bars still show the distance from both sensors but no sound. I cant find anyone who had this problem on any of the post. I hope someone here knows smth about this and can help.
Help is much apreciated.
Matt

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
Malcolm
i am sure you are sick of being asked this
but can you assist as to how i can remove a rear
parking sensor to damp proof it
07 e280 cdi estate

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
You could unplug them one by one till you found the faulty on,,but harder when intermittent,, it could be just a loose connector on one

Am i to understand that you can plug the sensors out one by one to locate the faulty one as in when you plug out the faulty one all will appear to be well

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I can send you some info on all this,,its hard to keep up with all the post sometimes :D:D

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Yes thanks i understand ,,mine are easy to get at on the rear took rubber covers off and cleaned them down today and even took some photos to post . Just wondered if i unplug the one thats playing would this stop the beeping and unwanted flashing

tempermental little blighters

rear parking sensors 005.jpg rear parking sensors 004.jpg

rear parking sensors 003.jpg rear parking sensors 002.jpg

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just try it and see :D as before I do have some good info if you want it

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK and sent, you can edit out your address

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom