Search results

1. bigasotonuk

M113, V8, oil pump pick up

Hi, I have read about this O ring failure on the american forums, though from the M113k perspective i always naively thought that the N/A M113 was not effected, and the Kompressor version was only effected by the higher engine temperatures of having the charger. Did you only do the bottom end...
  2. bigasotonuk

Alternator connector removal

Hi I believe the white part is to lock/unlock the connector, and the black tab immediately behind the white part will need to be either pulled forward or pushed back to release the connector. I am not sure what position the white part needs to be in to release the tab but try gently moving the...
  3. bigasotonuk

C43 W202 starting issues

Hi You need to find out exactly what has been done to the engine wiring loom and why. There is/was no need to touch the wiring loom when fitting a 55 engine in a C43. As the engines are effectively exactly the same you fit the 43 loom to the 55 engine.
  4. bigasotonuk

Oil Dipstick SL55 AMG 2004

Hi The oil is measured electronically through the dash cluster on a 55K Engine, though it can be measured with a dipstick MB wont sell you one workshop item only and it is a generic item and has to be removed and cap replaced once used. The tube with a black cap with a red locking tab is for the...
  5. bigasotonuk

2013 C207 roof relay position

Hi I knew about this control unit as I fitted a Smart module for the roof and the PDF I linked to is the instructions for installing it. There are wiring drawings in WIS, but can be hard to locate and you need to refer to multiple documents to make sense of them, there is also a program called...
  6. bigasotonuk

2013 C207 roof relay position

Hi Not sure of the location of the fuse, but roof on a 207 has a control unit (probably no other relay) located behind the driver side boot paneling, if you look at the link below and select the third link from the top it shows you how to fit their SMART Top but part of that it shows the...
  7. bigasotonuk

w208 CLK both vanity mirror lights stopped working in unison.

Hi I retro fitted mirror vanity lights on my 202/C43 as the 202 and the 208 were built on the same chassis the wiring was the same (though there were subtle differences in the later 208s), but one thing I do remember is that I never had to fit an additional fuse. The vanity mirror lights are...
  8. bigasotonuk

Doubts about parts

Hi Can I ask how you searched the Autodoc web site? By MB OEM Pt.No.? As I,m very surprised you didn't get other alternatives on there if using the MB OEM Pt.No.
  9. bigasotonuk

ODB2 on 38pin connector

Hi, Though I have never used it yet, I have bought an adapter for my Icarsoft mb V2 that allows you to be able to read/clear codes with MB cars that have the 38 pin adapter. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183814256605?hash=item2acc2ef7dd:g:OHIAAOSw1kVc3j4E
  10. bigasotonuk

Oil in my coolant

Hi M113 V8 has an Engine Oil Cooler fitted by the Oil Filter housing, and is plumbed into the coolant system, it has several O rings between the cooler and the filter housing which are known to harden and flatten over time and constant heat cycling which can cause oil/coolant contamination. A...
  11. bigasotonuk

Ignition/Immobiliser Problem (R129 1997 SL320)

Hi The red/green lights can flash alternately or the same time one means fob batteries are low the other is the key is out of sync. Which is which I cant remember sorry, but from you're symptoms I would say try a re-sync next. Google or use utube as almost certainly the correct process for...
  12. bigasotonuk

Wing Mirror Replacement Glass.

Hi I have always found it strange that MB deem not to dim the passenger side when other manufacturers do (VAG certainly do).
  13. bigasotonuk

r129 sl500 xenon headlight problem

Hi, When you get the new link rods, if they are adjustable, adjust them to the same length as the broken ones were and all being well the headlights will be at the correct height without any need to re-calibrate the sensors to the headlight leveling motors (control the headlight alignment).
  14. bigasotonuk

Wing Mirror Replacement Glass.

Hi Both are heated, it is only the driver's side that dims.
  15. bigasotonuk

r129 sl500 xenon headlight problem

Hi The leveling sensors on this era MB are generally fitted on the drivers side front and rear suspension.
  16. bigasotonuk

Is my C220 a nail!

Hi, You say the previous owner had gutted the DPF which means that the ECU was remapped, have you had the ECU reflashed? Additionally did you code the new injectors?
  17. bigasotonuk

2003 CLK 320, Digital TV

Hi Has the car already got the TV function and you to convert it to digital? Or are you looking to add the TV function? If looking to add the TV function then I take it the standard stereo installed in youre car is Command 2?
  18. bigasotonuk

1997CL420

Hi Because of the age of this car it almost certainly has the 38 pin diagnostic socket which means you need the old HHT diagnostic software and not the later DAS or Xentry software, hence why the dealer cant do anything to it. I think you might have some luck if you can find someone with a C3...
  19. bigasotonuk

W207 tyre help please

P Zero's were what was fitted to my 65 Plate E350 Convertible from the factory.
  20. bigasotonuk

Anyone know what colour my wheels are?

Hi Looks to be a very similar colour to the ones on my 65 Plate E350 CDI Cab. They are described in the EPC as being Himalayan Grey, if you have access to the EPC for your specific chassis it might pay to look to see if they described as mine by colour.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom