Search results

1. M

W140 ABS/ESP Control Unit Fault

it sounds easy but trust me it's not. I checked on the net, with Prestige All Parts, Dronsfields. Also checked with ECU Testing, but no joy. i will actually take your advice ( I was thinking the same as well) of getting a second opinion. The ABS/ESP control unit does not usually breakdown that...
  2. M

W140 ABS/ESP Control Unit Fault

I have a problem with the brakes on my 1998 Mercedes W140 S500 Saloon. It had been parked for some months and I had been driving it intermittently every few weeks. The last time I took it out for a drive, I noticed that whenever I applied the brakes it would make a metal grinding noise. the...
  3. M

W140 rear table stopped working

thanks for that very helpful advice!
  4. M

I've had a look at the fuse boxes in the boot compartment and the engine bay and cannot see any fuse that is marked for the rear folding table. Very strange, it must have a fuse somewhere...no joy by looking at the owners manual either. There is the fuse for the entire front passenger seat, do...
  5. M

sorry, what I meant to say is that the rear table is folded into the front seat and I am unable to retract it/ fold it out by pressing the table fold/unfold button on the side of the front seat..
  6. M

Hello All, I would like some help please. The rear table on my W140 stopped working. Has anyone had this problem before and what could be the likely causes? Many thanks in advance.
  7. M

Changing front seats on my W140?

Yes, I've tried all the different settings including the different angles, lumber support.....but to no avail.
  8. M

Changing front seats on my W140?

Hello All, I’ve got a bit of a problem. I recently bought a lovely W140 S500 Saloon. A beautiful car. The only thing is that the existing seats are the two tone “comfort” seats. Strangely, I find the comfort seats are actually uncomfortable for my left knee when driving. Is it possible to...
  9. M

W140 Soft Closure Pump

Hello All, Is the soft closure pump the same as the central locking pump on the W140?. I've seen a 1998 R reg S320 W140 where the soft close mechanism does not work all the time but the central locking is working fine. Any good advice will be highly appreciated! Thank you..
  10. M

Which S class is your favourite..

126 & 140....I've been fortunate enough to have both..
  11. M

w220 dreaded suspension

I am thinking of buying a W220 and have also seen on eBay the struts going for £ 600 for all 4. OEM quality, so naturally I am interested to know from forum members on their thoughts....The suspension issue is the big worry but of it could be resolved (if it went pear shaped in the future) for a...
  12. M

Timing Chain broken on my M119 V8 Engine

Thank you for your sympathy, appreciate it!
  13. M

W220 Airmatic suspsension and other points to watch

Hello All, I am considering buying a W220 and the post by CWILLIA1 is very informative and I have to say, excellent. Its been over 10 years since the OP and I can see that prices for front struts seem to fallen a lot. so much so that the price for the front repair kit and the whole strut is...
  14. M

Yes, that is a good suggestion, the last thing I need is the timing chain braking on any new engine installed! Can I ask, you have a garage in Reading, how many hours work is an M119 engine replacement?...Thanks...
  15. M

thanks for the advice, appreciate it...
  16. M

Hello Folks, A terrible thing happened on my Mercedes W140 S500 Saloon. I tried to start the engine and it suddenly cut out. Non Starter, taken to the garage and it transpires that the guard rail snapped and it must have hit the timing chain which is also broken. The timing chain is now stuck...
  17. M

W140 shock absorber

Thank you for the clarity, much appreciate it!
  18. M

W140 shock absorber

No worries at all. We all live and learn from each other. The main thing is having the intention and willingness to help each other out....that is absolutely priceless...all the best to you!
  19. M

W140 shock absorber

Thanks, I will ask my mechanic about the stability issues, absolutely mate, makes sense....
  20. M

W140 shock absorber

Thanks for your reply. I showed it to my mechanic and the noise is coming only from the driver's side rear shock. The passenger side has no noise and seems fine. May I respectfully ask, what would be the reason for changing them both under these circumstances?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom