W140 rear table stopped working

mr_w140

Reaction score
Hello All,

I would like some help please. The rear table on my W140 stopped working. Has anyone had this problem before and what could be the likely causes?

Many thanks in advance.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
How does a table stop working.
Can you put things on it - then I say a table works.

pls explain what is not working

OP
M

mr_w140

Reaction score
How does a table stop working.
Can you put things on it - then I say a table works.

pls explain what is not working
sorry, what I meant to say is that the rear table is folded into the front seat and I am unable to retract it/ fold it out by pressing the table fold/unfold button on the side of the front seat..

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
Start simple, how does the fuse look? If that's ok (or if it's blown and immediately blows with a new one) take the seat out and identify which wire it is and see if it's chaffed at the seat back to base hinge

OP
M

mr_w140

Reaction score
Start simple, how does the fuse look? If that's ok (or if it's blown and immediately blows with a new one) take the seat out and identify which wire it is and see if it's chaffed at the seat back to base hinge

I've had a look at the fuse boxes in the boot compartment and the engine bay and cannot see any fuse that is marked for the rear folding table. Very strange, it must have a fuse somewhere...no joy by looking at the owners manual either.

There is the fuse for the entire front passenger seat, do you think that can cover the folding table as well?

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
I've had a look at the fuse boxes in the boot compartment and the engine bay and cannot see any fuse that is marked for the rear folding table. Very strange, it must have a fuse somewhere...no joy by looking at the owners manual either.

There is the fuse for the entire front passenger seat, do you think that can cover the folding table as well?

Only if the rest of the seat doesn't work as well...I doubt the table will have it's own fuse (most vital stuff shares fuses) so if it is only the table that's stopped working but everything else works fine it's probably best to start at the switch and short it and see if that works, then once ruled out the switch go to the motor/solenoid and check for voltage across it with switch shorted. Also check the other has continuity with ground

OP
M

mr_w140

Reaction score
Only if the rest of the seat doesn't work as well...I doubt the table will have it's own fuse (most vital stuff shares fuses) so if it is only the table that's stopped working but everything else works fine it's probably best to start at the switch and short it and see if that works, then once ruled out the switch go to the motor/solenoid and check for voltage across it with switch shorted. Also check the other has continuity with ground
thanks for that very helpful advice!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom