1 month of ownership, thoughts so far.

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Hi, had my 2011 E class coupe 350 CDI, 1 month today, so far its brilliant, still learning about the car, its fast, smooth, quiet, and looks fantastic in white, gave it a good claying and polish yesterday,wow looks a million dollars, a nice clean car drives better done you know :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Clean cars always drive smoother ! ;)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I find if the car is dirty I don't like driving it. I also find that its the time I start thinking about replacing it.
Clean it up and I love driving it and wouldn't dream of selling. Weird but true!

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Hi, had my 2011 E class coupe 350 CDI, 1 month today, so far its brilliant, still learning about the car, its fast, smooth, quiet, and looks fantastic in white, gave it a good claying and polish yesterday,wow looks a million dollars, a nice clean car drives better done you know :)

I have been known to wash mine 5 times a week during winter, can't stand a dirty car.
Saturday or Sunday depending on the weather, it gets a 2 to 3 hour valet every week, and if I can't tolerate how dirty it is, it will get a quick wash at work, usually if I get caught behind a bus or lorry on the way to work. :mad:

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Not only me then, that's bordering on the obsessive about a clean car. :)

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Not only me then, that's bordering on the obsessive about a clean car. :)

Nope! My wife is of the opinion that I have OCD.

Mine takes the form of cleanliness about almost everything though, not just the car.

My car, her car, our sons car, the house, the garden, myself, in fact she has oft voiced that if I wasn't quite so obsessed or compulsive I'd be the perfect husband. :rolleyes:

I rarely wait or need to be told how or what to clean. I'm on first name terms with the vacuum cleaner, the washing machine and the tumble dryer. I am the dishwasher and dryer. :p

The skin on my hands is dry and flaky with the constant immersion in water and cleaning, sad really. I wouldn't wish it on anyone it's a curse. :shock:

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom