1990 W126 500SEC

mercedes dentist

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1983 280SL 1990 500SEC
Just had her serviced at John Haynes, showing a little rust in front wings they advise new wings, can one still buy genuine wings, heater motor making slight noise at low revs, slight oil leak from rear of engine, no sign of oil on garage floor, car is now at 94000 miles would this be time to change timing chains etc though no noise at the moment, for my own peace of mind I had the rear screen out at John Haynes and although all looked well when I checked in the boot we had some rust, all repaired and painted (some £3000) but now better than new, I also need to wiper blades for the headlight wipers but have been unable to find them any ideas?. I worry about spending so much of my pension but I love the car and do not want to botch it, latest advices are going to cost a lot and I may be taking her out of her value, current value is £11000, she was the best I could find, full history was on the cover of Mercedes Enthusiast in October 2007 and was one of the best 10%

GlosRichCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 W177 A180 SE auto, 2012 W212 E350 CDi Sport saloon, 2001 CLK 230 K Cabriolet A208
I expect you can get them via a dealer from Mercedes heritage, but probably pricey.
I search on Google and eBay will probably reveal any other sources.

OP
mercedes dentist

mercedes dentist

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1983 280SL 1990 500SEC
Just had her serviced at John Haynes, showing a little rust in front wings they advise new wings, can one still buy genuine wings, heater motor making slight noise at low revs, slight oil leak from rear of engine, no sign of oil on garage floor, car is now at 94000 miles would this be time to change timing chains etc though no noise at the moment, for my own peace of mind I had the rear screen out at John Haynes and although all looked well when I checked in the boot we had some rust, all repaired and painted (some £3000) but now better than new, I also need to wiper blades for the headlight wipers but have been unable to find them any ideas?. I worry about spending so much of my pension but I love the car and do not want to botch it, latest advices are going to cost a lot and I may be taking her out of her value, current value is £11000, she was the best I could find, full history was on the cover of Mercedes Enthusiast in October 2007 and was one of the best 10%
any help/advice out there

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
No need to change timing chains unless they are stretched and noisy. These are double row chains which will likely last as long as the rest of the engine.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom