1995 Turbo Technics E320 Coupe

The German Flower Pot

Reaction score
Website
www.turbo-babes.co.uk
Ive got this car and have had it for 2 months but need to replace the turbo hoses

any idea what they are

im sure if i went to a stockist of silicone hoses and told them what car i have they would ask for part numbers and the like

so any ideas?

mainly the 2 hoses that connect to the 2 turbos and the big one under the radiator

i say new hoses but this is the problem

the car starts ok and then idels lumpy, then you put it in drive and it sometimes stalls and when it does not you can floor it and the car will barly move and then after about 10 seconds and without getting any revs it will suddenyly start to kick into life then creep to about 25mph (3,000 revs) then wooooooop its off

top end wise its ok as when we picked it up we were going through hatfield tunnel on the A1 and it was level with my other car (w124 '94 e320 coupe) doing 60mph then we both gave the cars full power and the turbo left me behind at a rate of knotts

any ideas?

OP
The German Flower Pot

The German Flower Pot

Reaction score
Website
www.turbo-babes.co.uk
THAT WAS MY FIRST PLAN OF ACTION AND IVE EMAILED THEM BUT ALAS NO RESPONSE

damn caps

so ive read that they dont like emails so i might ring them up as the car has sat on my drive way for 2 months and not moved and id love to take it out and shock a few people as the car looks bog standard and has awful alloys and is dirty with a cracked rear light so looks like a heap

would i be right in asuming that all the pipes they have used would be standard pipes and not custom made for that car

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I don't know much about TT but I'd expect that where they could, they'd use stock items. Custom made pipes would out the price up considerably though to get a stock item the right size and shape may have been a challenge so who knows.
I've come across lost of firms that ignore emails. They have a web site because that's what you do, but they don't monitor the mail boxes properly. I'd go with a phone call.
At the end of the day, it's effectively a custom job and TT cars were quite rare so they're likely to be the only people with a clue.

eGuru

Reaction score
Website
www.artguru.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C180 S204, S320 CDi
Have dealt with Turbo Technics some years back and very helpful. They are based in my town and used to know the owners. Call them 01604 705050.

OP
The German Flower Pot

The German Flower Pot

Reaction score
Website
www.turbo-babes.co.uk
wow

just rang them (damn nice chap on the phone) and they only charge £45 and hour so with the £1500 ive save to get it running it will be no problem ive just goto ring on tuesday and sepak to john (im sure thats who he said has been there for years)

also they are in northampton which is 20 mins from me, i thought they were on the south coast

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
wow

just rang them (damn nice chap on the phone) and they only charge £45 and hour so with the £1500 ive save to get it running it will be no problem ive just goto ring on tuesday and sepak to john (im sure thats who he said has been there for years)

also they are in northampton which is 20 mins from me, i thought they were on the south coast
Great news, you may find that they remember the vehicle and will be as keen as you to get it back to full health. Pls take a few piccies and keep us updated. :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
OP
The German Flower Pot

The German Flower Pot

Reaction score
Website
www.turbo-babes.co.uk
its a big site so bare with me

where have i put it

and where is the bit you said to put it?

i dont want to put it in the wrong bit

ive looked and could not find the members cars part

OP
The German Flower Pot

The German Flower Pot

Reaction score
Website
www.turbo-babes.co.uk
ah the finite powers of being a mod (something i currently have the pleasure of at a secret site known only 2 me and a lonly badger)

ill get a beavering

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom