1999 E300 refuses to start.

Steve Naylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300/1999/3ltr diesel
Can anyone help, my E300 turbodiesel will not start a few days ago it struggled to start in the morning but eventually started but after arriving at the shops I noticed feul all over the rear wing obviously coming from the feul filler cap but could not see any obvious reason washed it all clean and nothing else occured that day the following morning it would not start at all, I've changed the stop cellonoid and still refuses to start and I'm getting no feul to the injecters has anyone got any ideas as I'm getting withdrawal simtoms for my merc.​

regards Steve.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Sounds like you have an air leak in your fuel lines.

om613

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S202 C250TD, S123 240TD
Also check the leak off hoses under the engine cover.

OP
S

Steve Naylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300/1999/3ltr diesel
Usually the injector pots on the diesel pump that leak on these.
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the information, could you please tell me ware the injector pots are located as I am a simple petrol mecanic and still find the .
inner workings of the diesel abit of a mystory. I love the old bus had it severn years and don't won't to get rid of it
Regards Steve.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Look at the diesel injection pump, does it look wet with diesel? There are small extensions that come out of it that the injector pipes screw to. There are tiny copper washers where the extensions screw into the pump. There is also a return valve on the back of the pump that leaks.

OP
S

Steve Naylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300/1999/3ltr diesel
Look at the diesel injection pump, does it look wet with diesel? There are small extensions that come out of it that the injector pipes screw to. There are tiny copper washers where the extensions screw into the pump. There is also a return valve on the back of the pump that leaks.

Steve, your a star I'm going to check that out now.
Regards Steve.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom