2003 E200 kompressor

david arthur

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 W211 E200
Hi Guys,
I had my 38000 mile E200 serviced late last year, and although the battery has been connected to my C/TEK when I start her up I get a red sign, visit worksop. You can delete this, but when you restart, the warning sign comes back. I might add that the car drives normally, and no other warning lights are lit. I can hear you all say, the codes need to be read, I just thought someone may have had this and are able to point me in the right direction.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Picture of the warning sign ?
Anything in the manual ?
How old is the battery (date stamp on the terminal )

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Battery relay wire under SBC battery gone green and corroded, SBC battery U/S, main battery, Battery control module U/S Alternator feed from terminal 61 gone etc etc etc, that’s why we need codes Sir!!

OP
D

david arthur

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 W211 E200
Battery relay wire under SBC battery gone green and corroded, SBC battery U/S, main battery, Battery control module U/S Alternator feed from terminal 61 gone etc etc etc, that’s why we need codes Sir!!
Thank you for all who replied, I think I have narrowed it down to the SBS battery, its never been replaced in its nineteen years of life.

OP
D

david arthur

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 W211 E200
Cole thank you for your reply, It was only when I read it, that I realised the SBS battery was nineteen years old, and never been replaced. I suppose it had done very well, so I replaced said battery and all is well, SBS working and no red warning signs.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom