2007 mercedes ml320 cdi w164 radio

Walton10123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 mercedes ml320 cdi
Hi got a 2007 ml320 cdi the command unit powers up now and again when it feels like it anyone got any ideas what the issue could be off beat place to be checking ? Thanks

kid-jensen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml320CDI 2007
Simple things first. When it cuts-out, check there'a 12V at the main supply cable, and the Earth/0V cable is actually connected to earth.

With luck, that's your problem. Then you can go chasing fuse corrosion etc.

With my luck, the Head unit itself will be the problem. Presumably, you've seen the price of a new one?

I had to have a long lie-down...

Ended up with a Chinese no-name equivalent, and it's been fault free for 3 years or more.

OP
W

Walton10123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 mercedes ml320 cdi
Do you know what pins on it are ment to be live on this and what one is earth? Thanks

kid-jensen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml320CDI 2007
Sorry, no, because mine has been converted to an aftermarket equivalent, but they're pretty logical wiring colours, like Red for live and Black or Brown for earth.

Presumably you can't make it cut-out to order? If you can't, semi-permanently connect to the main power input wires and drive around with the Meter in the ash tray. When it next cuts-out, you'll know straight away if it's a wiring issue.

Always good to know what your running voltage is anyway...

OP
W

Walton10123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 mercedes ml320 cdi
Hi thanks very much for your help I will try this when I get home and keep you updated

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom