2013 E200 CGI (Pre-facelift) Convertible

JonSmoke

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E200 CGI Sport Convertible
Hi Folks
We’re in the process of buying a 2013 E200 CGI (Pre-facelift) Convertible. It’s in good condition for it’s age, with just a couple of marks are signs of wear and tear. I was wondering if anybody has any advice on issues to look out for? Particularly in relation to the roof. Even though we’re coming from an A4 Convertible and I have a 98 Alfa Spider I’m a bit paranoid about the roof.
Also the car was originally an import from the UK, is there a way to find out it’s service history?

Thanks for any help.

Donal

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
Hello Donal, regards the service history, possibly your nearest MB dealer would tell you if it had been serviced within the MB Dealer Network, though I doubt would give you extensive details. The roof on mine has been very reliable. As with any complicated roof mechanism, check it works when you are testing the car and then, check it works again!! Check also for any rips or tears, by stopping the opening process half way through and getting out to check. It should open and close in one go and smoothly, with no onerous or loud clunks or bangs.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Timing Chains and associated sprockets are something to watch on that engine

OP
J

JonSmoke

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi folks
The roof operation is smooth and consistent.
I just got a copy of the service history and it’s main dealer and comprehensive, so I think we’re good to go. Happy days

Donal

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
Excellent. If you're buying from a dealer, make sure it comes with a good warrranty. I was tinkering with mine today readying it for 1st April! The roof worked like a dream :cool: . Looking forward to spring and even though petrol costs a fortune, it'll be nice to get the roof off, open up the throttle and blow the cobwebs out! Best of luck, post some pickies if you do go for it!

OP
J

JonSmoke

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Excellent. If you're buying from a dealer, make sure it comes with a good warrranty. I was tinkering with mine today readying it for 1st April! The roof worked like a dream :cool: . Looking forward to spring and even though petrol costs a fortune, it'll be nice to get the roof off, open up the throttle and blow the cobwebs out! Best of luck, post some pickies if you do go for it!
Picked her up yesterday, trilled with her. Such a lovely car to drive.

Attachments

• IMG_2236.jpg
    IMG_2236.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 11
OP
J

JonSmoke

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Folks
Have her a few weeks now and loving it. Getting to grips with some of the peculiarities (foot as opposed to hand break). I’ve two questions.
The rear wind deflector, even when it’s down, restricts visibility. Can it go completely down?
The rewind on the driver seat isn’t great and sometimes you have to feed it back in. Is this common and is it easy to find and replace?

Donal

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Donal, no it can't go completely down, but you can remove it by gently moving out each side and lifting up after raising it. Good for cleaning it too. You do tend to get used to it though.

What do you mean by rewind?

All the best,

OP
J

JonSmoke

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Harry
Thanks for the info on the wind deflector.
What I mean about the seat belt is how it feeds back or retracts back when you take it off.

Donal

Top Bottom