2013 Mercedes-Benz A180 AMG Factory Anti-Theft Alarm

iTsDuck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 Mercedes-Benz A180 AMG
I'm having some trouble with the factory alarm in my Mercedes. The alarm doesn't seem to arm when I lock the car using the remote, I can see where the flashing indicator is supposed to be but at no point does it seem to flash. I've tried waiting 15 seconds after locking my car using the remote, and I've also tried giving my remote to someone else so they can lock the car and take the key away - but still nothing seems to happen. I'm not sure why alarm won't activate, anyone have any ideas?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

I'd be checking the alarm siren for battery leakage - When the battery fails they normally sound randomly

OP
I

iTsDuck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello and welcome,

I'd be checking the alarm siren for battery leakage - When the battery fails they normally sound randomly
Thank you for replying, where do I find the alarm siren? I have only just purchased this car about one month ago, the alarm has never sounded and doesn't even activate when I lock the car.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The sirens are normally up inside the wheel arch behind the liner (although some Mercedes put them elsewhere... just for fun...) :rolleyes:

OP
I

iTsDuck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The sirens are normally up inside the wheel arch behind the liner (although some Mercedes put them elsewhere... just for fun...) :rolleyes:
Gotcha. But if the alarm sounds randomly when the battery fails, why does my alarm not even activate at all? Could this be related to something else?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Gotcha. But if the alarm sounds randomly when the battery fails, why does my alarm not even activate at all? Could this be related to something else?
Could be just that it's so badly corroded that its failed completely

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Welcome. It does sound odd that it doesn’t even prime, even if the siren is not working. I wonder whether the previous owner had problems with it before and took a fuse out? Sorry, haven’t got a fuse diagram for the A Class so don’t know where that might be.

If you bought it from a trader (rather than privately) take it back and get it repaired under your consumer rights

Edit… try this

OP
I

iTsDuck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Welcome. It does sound odd that it doesn’t even prime, even if the siren is not working. I wonder whether the previous owner had problems with it before and took a fuse out? Sorry, haven’t got a fuse diagram for the A Class so don’t know where that might be.

If you bought it from a trader (rather than privately) take it back and get it repaired under your consumer rights

Edit… try this
Ah this could be the case, thank you so much for pointing this out. I'll check out the fuse box and also take it back to the dealership to see what they can do about it. Appreciate your help!

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
if you got it from a dealer - leave the headache with them.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom