2023 C63s AMG Convertible night edition

CWC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 230 2000
Hi,
There may have been many topics covering this issue but:
My normal work pattern in the car is 40 miles a day mon - fri. with a bit of weekend driving
I go away for 4-5 days now and then with the car left on the drive.
After about 4 days I receive a Mercedes Me App email warning of battery low/battery critical
Day 5 or 6 and the thing is flat as a pancake.
If I would have know this I would not have bought the car, for gods sake I expect too be able to go on hol for a week and leave it at the airport to start upon my return but now have to consider an alternative vehicle for the journey.
Am I doing something wrong here or is it just as designed ? if so this is sh**e for a 90k car
Any comments will be appreciated
ta
CWC

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Electric water pump judging from the link below:-

AMG glc43 12v battery issue

Seems you need to unlock/re-lock 5 mins after use....

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

OP
C

CWC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 230 2000
Incredible this, cannot even leave my car at the airport for a ****** week- what a bag of sh1t
I will try this app function for the lock/unlock see how it goes cheers

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Your car must still be under warranty, why not save yourself some carparking money and leave it at the dealers to fix whilst you're away?
Brilliant suggestion and poetic justice.

Not sure there is a fix though yet. a little googling may have more up to date results.

OP
C

CWC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 230 2000
Easier said than done leaving it at the dealers they do not appear to know any remedy for this + leaving car at dealership the day before/taxi home/ early taxi to airport and same on return is not only a big inconvenience but huge cost.
I will try the 5 minute unlock/lock routine see how that goes cheers

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Just read through those earlier GLC posts for you (comes from being bed bound with Covid), turns out that 2x cars had defective ESP units drawing power from the battery which were replaced under warranty.

Your dealership should be able to run full diagnostics to check for power drains. Both the above cars also got occasional ESP and brake assist warnings on the dash.

The replacement units cost £1100 so it is worth pushing your dealership to look into it whilst on cover.....

As an E53 AMG convertible owner I fully emphasise with you wanting to enjoy your £90k motor, especially as it has one of the best performance engines in a mainstream production car!

OP
C

CWC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 230 2000
Thanks for the advice-appreciated and will book it in with them, I am fortunate enough to have a beloved other half that works for a MB dealership so this diagnostic should get arranged soon.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Thanks for the advice-appreciated and will book it in with them, I am fortunate enough to have a beloved other half that works for a MB dealership so this diagnostic should get arranged soon.
Useful perk to have!

KTaggart

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC AMG 300/2023/2L Petrol
Hi,
There may have been many topics covering this issue but:
My normal work pattern in the car is 40 miles a day mon - fri. with a bit of weekend driving
I go away for 4-5 days now and then with the car left on the drive.
After about 4 days I receive a Mercedes Me App email warning of battery low/battery critical
Day 5 or 6 and the thing is flat as a pancake.
If I would have know this I would not have bought the car, for gods sake I expect too be able to go on hol for a week and leave it at the airport to start upon my return but now have to consider an alternative vehicle for the journey.
Am I doing something wrong here or is it just as designed ? if so this is sh**e for a 90k car
Any comments will be appreciated
ta
CWC
I have exactly the same issue with my 2023 GLC AMG 300 X245 car. Delivered in June 2023 and critical battery messages started first week of July. It has now been in the Aberdeen Mercedes Dealership 3 times for the issue and no solution in sight. It is going in for a 4th time and all they will do is charge the battery and then after a couple of weeks it will show as critical again. There is a battery drain in the car somewhere but the Mercedes Star program can not locate the drain. From what I have seen on Internet Blogs there does appear to be known battery discharge issues with the new X254 model and surely Mercedes must be investigating. What is the point of buying a +£60k car and not being able to park it for 2 days without the battery showing critical. I note that the UK model does not have the Standby Menu Option that is noted in the X254 Owners handbook; used for long term parking. A reference that would suggest that Mercedes knows that their inbuilt complexity of electronics creates charge issues.
Hopefully on my 4th visit the Mercedes Star system will find a reason for the drain but I do not have high hopes after 3 previous failures.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I have exactly the same issue with my 2023 GLC AMG 300 X245 car. Delivered in June 2023 and critical battery messages started first week of July. It has now been in the Aberdeen Mercedes Dealership 3 times for the issue and no solution in sight. It is going in for a 4th time and all they will do is charge the battery and then after a couple of weeks it will show as critical again. There is a battery drain in the car somewhere but the Mercedes Star program can not locate the drain. From what I have seen on Internet Blogs there does appear to be known battery discharge issues with the new X254 model and surely Mercedes must be investigating. What is the point of buying a +£60k car and not being able to park it for 2 days without the battery showing critical. I note that the UK model does not have the Standby Menu Option that is noted in the X254 Owners handbook; used for long term parking. A reference that would suggest that Mercedes knows that their inbuilt complexity of electronics creates charge issues.
Hopefully on my 4th visit the Mercedes Star system will find a reason for the drain but I do not have high hopes after 3 previous failures.
Based on earlier posts in this thread, I would get them to look at the faulty ESP issue identified for similar problems.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom