OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Has that ever happened though? As far as I know, and as I said previous, there is no fixed penalty system for 20 mph limits/zones. I have heard things are different in Scotland, well, Edinburgh at least and wouldn't be surprised if there is a special law in London - but anyway, apart from those places (or including), does anyone know of any 20 mph speed cameras, mobile or static/permanent? I've certainly never seen one and if there were fixed penalties for 20 mph there would surely be plenty about, easy money.

Tower bridge is 20MPH and has cameras.

There are a few in Islington borough as well. Both I go through quite frequently.

I have also seen mobile police with radar in these areas too.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Having ploughed through the Birmingham m6 traffic today at an average speed of 40mph it would appear the dream of derestriction is just that, a dream. Maybe at 2am I suppose.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I find 20 mph has me quite calm and mellow now, it does seem odd when speedy cyclists go past.

Like most I find the seemingly irrational speed limits still confusing.
One village is 40 one 30 one 20 sometimes within the same one.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom