220CDI water pump and juddering aux belt drivetrain overhaul.

OP
Droverunner

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 CLK 220 CDi Sport. 2014 S-Max 2.0TDCi.
With that little room I can't think how I'd have removed our excessively tight pulley... I might have been looking at pulling the rad out.

OP
Droverunner

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
>>>Keep finding little jobs to do. Same with all my cars. Get them perfect, then sell em!! This ones suppose to be a cheap run around for her indoors.

To be honest I'm happy to go through and do everything needed from the start. We plan an ownership of 3-4yrs with our used cars so I'd rather have everything right for the whole period than leave stuff so so for longer and replace halfway through the period when it becomes essential or fails.

Doesn't always go 100% to plan but by and large it means we don't suffer unexpected failures.

As for a cheap run around... I guess that's true financially as our CLK at 10yrs old cost about £25k less than it was new... but it's still a hell of a nice car that folks comment on and assume it cost loads more than it did. I think the value of these mid age prestige cars is amazing.

We intend to keep it somewhat in cherished condition as far as possible.

CLK side.JPG

e55amggary

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220cdi sport edition Auto / A6 2.7tdi Quattro s line Avant
Nice, my w203 saloon sport edition i had a while back had the same spec inc wheels as yours.

It was a manual, i also had it re mapped. The s203 sport edition i just bought is good value for money at 2k especially the complete history file, even though i will spend in total around £750 to get it up to my standard inc discs / pads which has just been done.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I thought you'd pick up on that!

There's a whole inch or so clearance to the rad.... cue some blood, a cut down torx bit, and no use of 1/2" drives.
V12 all the fans have to come out and then the slam panel, rad needs to be pushed all the way forward. :(

OP
Droverunner

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
>>>i will spend in total around £750 to get it up to my standard inc discs / pads which has just been done.

Similar here. When looking at used cars we always set aside about £600 in our minds for work to get them spot on in the first month or so.

We were up to £582 on this CLK for major service parts, oil, etc... water pump, belt, tensioner and pulleys etc... pair of rear tyres... nice carpet mats. A bit of bad luck with some road debris last week is costing another £188 today for a pair of front tyres then I hope that's it for a while.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom