250 Shooting Brake Wanted

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Thanks all, I didn't read the descriptions, apologies. I am looking for something that can take my cycles on. I am not going to start loading in the back, I always damage something.

Gumtree, Shpock, E-Bay etc are your friends, loads of bike racks on there, the Thule system is good as you can bolt the bike rack to the roof bars, it is a well integrated system, the Thule ProRide is excellent

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Gumtree, Shpock, E-Bay etc are your friends, loads of bike racks on there, the Thule system is good as you can bolt the bike rack to the roof bars, it is a well integrated system, the Thule ProRide is excellent
Thanks, my mate uses this for his A4, loves it, and does seem well made compared to some other cheaper alternatives.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

CJD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 AMG Line, Premium Plus, S205 Estate, 2018
I bought a bike rack for the roof from eBay a couple of years ago and it sat and sat and sat.
One day my wife asked "Who's car are we gona put the bike rack on?"
(My wife has a 1 Series Convertible) [Shakes head]
And we've still not used the rack.
I know it sounds daft a roof rack on a convertible, but Porsche did one for the Boxster.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
If you go Thule, worth getting the locks keyed alike so you only have one key that fits all the locks. There are sets of keys/locks available.

The accessories like cycle carriers, ski carriers use the 'T' track system where the accessory is mounted above the bar with a square ended bolt fits in the 'T' track and you then locate and lock a cam to secure thing. The Pro Ride range also has a ratchet grip for the cross tube on the bike frame that also locks.

If you spend time on eBay you'll be able to get all the components for peanuts by buying bars, foot kits, bike carriers separately unless you get a bargain lot.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom