300E 4Matic

m.wakeford23

New Registration
Reaction score
Afternoon
I am new to the world of Mercedes so be gentle with me.:mrgreen:
I am considering a 300E 4matic as a practical classic. Could any body give me some advice on this. I have been offered a 1990 with 137k miles with full service history and all original MOT's

Mike

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
The 4WD part of a 4-Matic is problematic at this age. I'd steer well clear of it

If you want an early W124, and want something a little out of the ordinary, I'd search out a 300 24-valve, with a 5-speed auto if possible

If you want a late car a 280 or 320, again with a 5-speed auto if possible, is a great thing to smoke around in

It's very easy to buy cheap W124s but be faced with bills of over £1000 in the first year. Do your research. Caveat emptor

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom