$70 Mercedes Alarm that works with vacuum door locks

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
H

Hal Fisher

Reaction score
I received this unit and tried to get it to work but no go. While it does have a diagram for a vacuum system the setup just does not work on my older '85 merc 500sec.

Hal

teky

Reaction score
you need to fit an actuator to the drivers door and it must be time delayed not an easy job but a good prarky should be able to fix it

OP
H

Hal Fisher

Reaction score
When I went to hook this alarm up I saw that another was already hooked into the system back where the vacuum pump is. Unfortunently, I am having a hard time getting the remote from the previous owner. I really don't see what the big deal is, it just requires +12v on either line to make the lock go up or down.

Hal

numbnuts

Banned
Reaction score
Hal Fisher said:
When I went to hook this alarm up I saw that another was already hooked into the system back where the vacuum pump is. Unfortunently, I am having a hard time getting the remote from the previous owner. I really don't see what the big deal is, it just requires +12v on either line to make the lock go up or down.

Hal
Is there any setting on the alarm to adjust the pulse timing, because it takes longer for vacuum systems to operate?

OP
H

Hal Fisher

Reaction score
There is a jumper but it still does not increase the pulse long enough. It certainly doesn't take 3 seconds like has been mentioned on the board. More like .3 seconds otherwise you would notice the delay when you turn the key in the lock and they all lock/unlock.

Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom