78 450 SL charging system problem plz help

gatsu

Reaction score
hi,

does anyone know where i can get a charging system schematic on this 78 450 SL ?

Ive contacted a local dealership and they referred me to an online website where I can download what i needed but they failed to mention it only goes back to early 90's. The parts guy gave me a number for some 'main' office in the mainland which I called and she said theres nothing she can help me with.

Basically the battery is dead, currently recharged - alternator 10 volts. Alternator is now new and getting 13.8 volts but when I put a load on it drops below spec. I forgot what other tests my tech then did but now he says they know the alternator is good for sure, but he needs a charging system diagram to solve the problem. Does anyone know where I can get this information?

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
The dealer has books withthe wiringg diagram of the charging system.

Have you got a faulty battery?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This system is so simple, if the exciter wire that comes from the lamp circuit is OK there is nothing else to it.

Yes the running voltage is 13.8 volt, what else is happening

Thegemmesabogie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 320TE
I've got one for a 350. It will be the same.. Your email is blocked maybe cos you're a new member. See if you can pm to me and if so include your email addy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom