A couple of small marks on headliner around windscreen

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Recommendations for something to clean off the light grey sort of cloth headliner on a 2009 CL500.
One looks like a greasy thumb mark left by a mechanic. Its not very dark.

There is a sort of rectangular shadow on the passenger sun shade. I suspect someone pulled off the safety sticker.

I hated mine on the exclusive leather on the last but one SL500, that had fabulous black alcantara. Best headliner ever! Snd splogged in it was this sticker . Thankfully the saleman said do not pull it off it will leave a slight sticky residue that will attract dirt over time.

And this is what it looks like. Not sure what to do about that. Maybe MB sell these safety stickers.

What I would like is recommendations for some kind of foaming headliner ( fabric ) cleaner.

I am pretty scared of making it worse, or not matching the rest of the headliner.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
A foam cleaner might remove the mark, but for most of these marks I use lighter fluid as this will not hurt the headliner and it will remover glue.

Just dab it on.

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
A foam cleaner might remove the mark, but for most of these marks I use lighter fluid as this will not hurt the headliner and it will remover glue.

Just dab it on.

Thanks
Just realised the back of the greasy towel with maquires leather care ( quite a waxy white/light grey got onto some of the alcantara door pocket

Any ideas what to use to get that off. i did wipe it with a towel.
Would a damp towel be the best thing?

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5

Just dab it on.

Could I use Isopropyl pure alchohol, dont have any lighter fluid?
I have used that on a white carpet and it got grease off perfectly.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
A clean damp cloth will clean it off.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If a damp cloth will not remove it, then a spirit is needed. Isopropyl could work, if not lighter fuel is only £1 a tin and handy for many things.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
No Wet Wonder Foam if you can find it nowadays will get any non-spirit/ gum based stain out of any fabric. It'll even bring coal dust out of a rug.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom