A170CDI auto stuck in neutral

Disco Troll

Reaction score
Hi everyone -

I've got the (common?) problem with my auto-box on my A-Class where I've been driving about, parked up, gone to put the car back up into 'Park' only to find that the gate on Reverse (that stops you putting the car into drive without your foot on the brake) is locked, leaving not only the selector lever in Neutral or Drive, but not allowing me to remove the keys from the ignition either.

I've had this on and off for a while with the box always previously going back to normal after 5 minutes or so. I have already replaced the switch by the brake pedal but now the car seems resolute about not going back through Reverse position to 'Park'.

Does anyone have either A) any suggestions on what I should try next to sort this and B) any idea of a manual override on the A-Class to get the lever back through the Reverse position to Park?

I'd be really grateful for all suggestions.

Thanks,

DT.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom