A180 CDI info

DrJohnnyFever

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLA
So one of my daughters has bought a A180 as her first car (good taste, like her Dad) she tells me (I haven’t seen the car yet, as she won’t pick it up till Wednesday) that it doesn’t have the ambient lighting in it? It’s a 2015 A class, I have a 2016 GLA and my car comes with it, does anyone on this board have a A180 CDI if so, does it really not have the ambient lighting, I know it doesn’t have sat-nav, but even if it did, she said she won’t use it, she’d use sat-nav on her phone.. she’s glad she can connect her phone with Bluetooth .. anyway, thanks for any replys..

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
An A class is one of the last cars to get the fancy gubbins as standard if available or an option if available.
Check the build sheet.
Of its not present (the ambient lighting) then its not been fitted.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
An A class is one of the last cars to get the fancy gubbins as standard if available or an option if available.
Check the build sheet.
Of its not present (the ambient lighting) then its not been fitted.
That was the case until the W177 in 2018, then Mercedes used that as a launch car for new tech to appeal to their new target audience

OP
D

DrJohnnyFever

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLA
Yes we have and it has no ambient lighting, but it does have Sat Nav, reverse parking camera and self parks too. Doesn't have DAB radio though which I find really weird in a car of that age.
Yes, daughter told me it had no ambient lighting, which she was a bit peeved about it, also said no sat-nav, but wasn’t bothered as even if it did, she would use her phone..thanks for the info..

OP
D

DrJohnnyFever

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLA
Well, for a Merc, no sat-nav, no folding mirrors, no reversing camera…i guess whoever bought it new, didn’t tick any boxes, but for the mileage and price she paid, it’s not a bad first car..

Last edited:

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
^ It's possible the mirrors have been set to not open in the convenience settings.
Some owners prefer they don't fold so take a look at the settings. It may be they just need changing.
As for the rest, its a poverty spec if no sat nav has been optioned. But Waze is just as good , if not better anyway.
Hope your daughter enjoys her car.

OP
D

DrJohnnyFever

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLA
^ It's possible the mirrors have been set to not open in the convenience settings.
Some owners prefer they don't fold so take a look at the settings. It may be they just need changing.
As for the rest, its a poverty spec if no sat nav has been optioned. But Waze is just as good , if not better anyway.
Hope your daughter enjoys her car.
Thank you, I’m sure she will..deff no folding mirrors..(no mirror fold button in between L&R mirror adjust) but really she can live without them, would like to have had a reversing camera, to make it easier for her to reverse and no hold function?..but hay-ho..thinking back to my first car, it also had none of them, it even had them things you had to turn to get the windows to go up and down and you had to put the key in the door to lock - unlock it..

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Ours hasn't got folding mirrors either, have to say I find that annoying as we were used to them with our previous C Class Estate

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom