A200 pad change

malagabob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a200 amg 2014
2014 A200 amg sport. What tools are needed for a front pad change. Do I need one of those piston compression tools as well.

steveq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 Merc S212 E220CDI Estate; Tesla Model 3; 1965 W113 Merc 230SL Pagoda
Hi,

Let me start by saying that I have never worked on an A Class.
I changed the brakes on my E Class less than a month ago so I am assuming that they are similar.
You should only need a standard socket set -- I will say that the rear brakes on the E Class need a male Torx socket set.

You should be able to push the piston back with a g-clamp.
I suggest putting an old brake pad between the g-clamp and the piston to get even pressure. You won't need much pressure to push it back.
Keep an eye on the brake fluid level as it will rise as the piston is pushed back.

You might need some brake cleaner to clean the sliders and clean the brake dust off.

Of course, I don't have to say it -- brakes are critical to safety so make sure you know what you are doing or else get it done by a professional.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom