ABS irritation

Status
Not open for further replies.

woz

Reaction score
I posted a little while ago regarding my ABS which was coming on when coming to a stop. Absolutley no reason mind, it now comes on every time I come to a stop. Is there a way to turn the ABS off until I have the time and money to get it sorted out?   Thanks

1989 190e

(Edited by woz at 10:41 pm on Feb. 3, 2002)

dave elcome

Reaction score
Woz.

Its part of the braking system, and legally, "every part of the braking system,  must be maintained in a good and efficient working order"

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
If i remember correctly, this is an MOT failiure..even if the brakes are working fine, the ABS, if its fitted, has to work as well.

Money is for spending after all!!!

OP
W

woz

Reaction score
Oh bugger :-(
Looks like I'm going to have to put up with it for a while though, I  have a few too many things to spend my money on at the moment.. Thanks anyway!!

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
You never know though, some ABS faults are caused by the daftest of things like dirty sensors and that sort of thing. As the sensors are magnetic, they pick up all sorts of crap. It might be worth a simple clean just to see if this is the problem.

dave elcome

Reaction score
If you do most of the "Donkey" work yourself, IE checking for dirty/bad connections, this should keep the bill down a bit, if not get it down to Andy, i bet he's cheaper than your local dealer!! (do i get commision Andy??).

dave elcome

Reaction score
Andy.

I will have to take you up on that, all i need to do is  get my passport up to date,  so that i can actually leave Kent.!!

David S

Reaction score
Andy,

If you would open up for business on the occasional Sunday you would get my business. Plus, I have just got a new 10yr passport and full visa for travel outside of the M25. (I may even get chance to drive faster than 10MPH!!!).

Regards

David

David S

Reaction score
Andy,

If you would open up for business on the occasional Sunday you would get my business. Plus, I have just got a new 10yr passport and full visa for travel outside of the M25. (I may even get chance to drive faster than 10MPH!!!).

Regards

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom