Adblue Anti Crystallisation Additives Are Here

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
With much talk and knowledge of the poorly designed adblue systems and it’s associated issues there was relatively little help aside from replacement and mapping out.

I just nipped to my local motor factors and saw they stock Forte anti crystallisation additive. Nice to see such a name in the market creating this at long last.

https://www.forteuk.co.uk/news/prevent-crystals-in-adblue-systems/

I’ve been using 3rg anti crystallisation additive with no issues for about 1,300 miles now, whereas I was getting the adblue and eml light on every other weekend on the weekly trip to Warwickshire.

Anyway I hope this helps those with adblue vehicles to live a more peaceful life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Grand I like to find out more about that. Is it the same stuff the trucking industry uses? , possibly, my eyes are giving out.. I am left wondering where to get that, and of interest any valid reviews of the product. I prefer not to compound an already agrivating issue.

OP
D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Trucking industry I understand uses clearnox by Total. I don’t know if that is a premixed solution of adblue and anti crystallisation additive or, just a whole better solution that sadly we mortals can’t get our hands on.

I’ve not seen any reviews for the Forte additive but, I have used a Forte additives as my go to brand for longer than my memory can recall and their stuff is always top notch. There didn’t seem to be much around several months ago so I bought 6 bottles of 3rg additive to keep me going. For me, touch wood it seems to have worked.

OP
D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Grand I like to find out more about that. Is it the same stuff the trucking industry uses? , possibly, my eyes are giving out.. I am left wondering where to get that, and of interest any valid reviews of the product. I prefer not to compound an already agrivating issue.

I saw this in my local A1 Autosave store!

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
You saw the product or the information on it

OP
D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I saw the Forte product bottle in store, the real thing. £10.

I had purchased several bottles of 3rg as above from eBay in fear sellers may not get more stock.

Last edited:

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Grand I like to find out more about that. Is it the same stuff the trucking industry uses? , possibly, my eyes are giving out.. I am left wondering where to get that, and of interest any valid reviews of the product. I prefer not to compound an already aggravating issue.

shared about the additives 15 days ago - they get gout

Reactions: DSK

RockDriver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Where can I buy some of this stuff? I can't find anything mentioned in this thread being sold, not in UK at least.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

RockDriver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 ML350 Bluetec
have you looked on Google? ;)

Yeah, I did find some eventually, but the problem is I need it yesterday. No next day shipping, especially this week. I'm gonna start calling local garages, maybe I'll get lucky. Apparently the old stuff needs to be pumped out and replaced anyway for this.

OP
D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not necessarily pumped out. Nothing stopping one from just topping up the adblue and adding this additive.

The reason I said pump it out is that at least that way you know what’s in there and it’s all fresh as far as your concerned.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I just ordered, well wife did, I hope from this lot. They say next day

Eric Sciacaluga

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter/2018/2.2cdi
I have just been advised to always use this additive to my 2018 registered Sprinter motorhome. (I had no idea that this is a must.)
Currently in Spain so will source a local make.

My adblue tank is still half filled and I will top up.
Can anyone advise what ratio of preventative I need to add please?

Thanks.

OP
D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
For Forte it’s one bottle.

In Spain, 3RG is likely to be readily available and was on the market way before the few that we have now. That has the amount printed on the bottle and the cap or bottle only releases that amount each time.

Put whatever they say is needed for 1 tank.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I have just been advised to always use this additive to my 2018 registered Sprinter motorhome. (I had no idea that this is a must.)
Currently in Spain so will source a local make.

My adblue tank is still half filled and I will top up.
Can anyone advise what ratio of preventative I need to add please?

Thanks.
Also don’t buy adblue that has been sat in the sun or is an old date . Maybe don’t top up the adblue tank , but use it and then put fresh stuff in to maybe less than half the tank each time ?

OP
D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It’s been ages since I’ve done mine now thanks to the dramas I had, so it’s more than a year old what I have. I will syphon mine out and fill with fresh adblue and drop a bottle of additive in this week.

Edited - job done. Went to halfords and got 3 5L bags of **** with last month’s manufactured date. Syphoned old stuff out, which was about 14ltrs. New stuff in with a bottle of Forte **** additive.

Last edited:

Eric Sciacaluga

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter/2018/2.2cdi
This from a main MB dealership:

I would say providing you use a good quality adblue there is no need for additive, all adblue does crystallise when it comes into contact with the air but in the tank it is generally not affected.

Cheers
Eric

Top Bottom