adblue system problems and mercedes main dealer loyalty

mancman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 250D
That should be part of the service clean the system every 2 years to keep the car in good running order but it's not and mercedes say to keep your car in perfect condition let us service it , bollocks they don't give a crap this is the last Merc I buy ever
that should read the last diesel car I buy ever.

OP
S

spoonerh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
172 SLK
that should read the last diesel car I buy ever.
Not really I always liked diesel cars untill adblue I am just about to buy a mg 4ev first time I have not bought a German car but been for a test drive spot on and 7 years warranty

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Not really I always liked diesel cars untill adblue I am just about to buy a mg 4ev first time I have not bought a German car but been for a test drive spot on and 7 years warranty
I’m wary of supposedly all encompassing warranties make sure you dig into the small print I wouldn’t be surprised to find a customer contribution on a six year EV battery pack replacement cost under a betterment clause

OP
S

spoonerh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
172 SLK
I’m wary of supposedly all encompassing warranties make sure you dig into the small print I wouldn’t be surprised to find a customer contribution on a six year EV battery pack replacement cost under a betterment clause
Looks very comprehensive to me also like all EVs there's an 8 year battery warranty the Chinese car mg is far more advanced and better than the German VW id3 Google it

Reactions: DSK

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
obviously there's a learning curve on the ad-blue system - but its a two way street - the problem is you guys - you are always looking at it from your perspective - this is not how the world works

the two way street is not win win, or a bit of give and take - its a carefully crafted design to stitch you up - they must make it complex enough you can't sort yourself, and unreliable enough it fails when it suits them - (not they get caught with warranty costs). The sole purpose to make your life worse - essentially to **** you off and hand out misery (ideally making you late for work, with the aim to holding back your career, and or better still, getting you sacked) and to make money on repairs you can't afford (to get you in to debt). The world evolved - if you switch brands it will be just as bad, as they are all in the same place, and as you move on some other muppet will come across - so its all about marketing and the power of the brand - engineering integrity and great reliability costs money - cheap nasty design fits with so many more opportunities..

the idea is to con and steal your money at any possible opportunity - whilst people just about important enough to them (to maintain the madness) land a free car or get paid too much they can get on the lease hire idea

so on the ad-blue its NOT about longevity, appropriate use of the world resources, and value for money - its all about theft of your hard earned money - and not landing them with warranty work

ad blue should be in a DARK container stored out of sunlight - it is stored in a translucent one, and by petrol stations in full sunlight for a reason - caveat emptor

Last edited:

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
obviously there's a learning curve on the ad-blue system - but its a two way street - the problem is you guys - you are always looking at it from your perspective - this is not how the world works

the two way street is not win win, or a bit of give and take - its carefully crafted design to stitch you up - they must make it complex enough you can't sort yourself, and unreliable enough it fails when it suits them - (not they get caught with warranty costs). The sole purpose to make your life worse - essentially to **** you off and hand out misery (ideally making you late for work, with the aim to holding back your career, and or better still, getting you sacked) and to make money on repairs you can't afford (to get you in to debt). The world evolved - if you switch brands it will be just as bad, as they are all in the same place, and as you move on some other muppet will come across - so its all about marketing and the power of the brand - engineering integrity and great reliability costs money - cheap nasty design fits with so many more opportunities..

the idea is to con and steal your money at any possible opportunity - whilst people just about important enough to them (to maintain the madness) land a free car or get paid too much they can get on the lease hire idea

so on the ad-blue its NOT about longevity, appropriate use of the world resources, and value for money - its all about theft of you hard earned money - and not landing them with warranty work

ad blue should be in a DARK container stored out of sunlight - it is stored in a translucent one, and by petrol stations in full sunlight for a reason - caveat emptor
you were never this doom & gloom when you had an Omega .... :rolleyes:

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009

the two way street is not win win, or a bit of give and take - its a carefully crafted design to stitch you up - they must make it complex enough you can't sort yourself, and unreliable enough it fails when it suits them - (not they get caught with warranty costs). The sole purpose to make your life worse - essentially to **** you off and hand out misery (ideally making you late for work, with the aim to holding back your career, and or better still, getting you sacked) and to make money on repairs you can't afford (to get you in to debt). The world evolved - if you switch brands it will be just as bad, as they are all in the same place, and as you move on some other muppet will come across - so its all about marketing and the power of the brand - engineering integrity and great reliability costs money - cheap nasty design fits with so many more opportunities..

so on the ad-blue its NOT about longevity, appropriate use of the world resources, and value for money - its all about theft of your hard earned money - and not landing them with warranty work

You seem be to describing capitalism ;)

OP
S

spoonerh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
172 SLK
I thought when I retired at 65 I would trust people to take care of my cars , I am now 70
and have been ripped off 3 times now I looked after my own cars from 17 to 65 all types
air cooled Porsche , V8 American , type 2 camper van all sold in the last 3 years I am now
getting my tools back out lucky I kept them will do all the repairs myself as they say you can
only trust one person that's yourself the governments can let planes fly that's real polution
but can't Let me drive my car

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
the governments can let planes fly that's real polution
but can't Let me drive my car
This is the big issue that's swept under the carpet, people like Emma Thomson fly from LA to London to give a speech at an Extinction Rebellion rally and fly straight home after it. Prince Harry who uses private jets like a bus service goes to a primary school and tells all the young kids that they should go home and tell their parents that flying abroad for your holidays once a year is very bad and they should consider using the train instead.

Will all the entitled rich and famous stop polluting the planet, no, they think the little people should do it all for them.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom