Advice on what vacuum system operates please

Scots_Man

Reaction score
Website
www.gto-scotland.i12.com
Hi,

I have just renewed a broken connector on the vacuum hose to one of my headlights. When I try to adjust their driving height, they do not appear to respond. I have not yet checked the full vacuum line to them in case there are other breaks in it.

I am very new to Mercs, so don't really know much about them yet. Can you please tell me what other things are operated by the vacuum system (see signature for car model), so I can rule out a faulty vacuum pump.

Many thanks,

Gary

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
all the

door locks and the petrol flap. and the light adjusters. They won't work unless you've some vacuum in the system. Run the engine for 2 mins, and work the control while you are doing it. You should see the light beams go up and down.

Last edited:
OP
S

Scots_Man

Reaction score
Website
www.gto-scotland.i12.com
Thanks Myros.

Petrol flap and door locks are working fine. I had tried the lights just after starting the engine, so perhaps I have to let it run a bit longer as you suggest.

Thanks,

Gary

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom