Air Suspension fault

steve1

Reaction score
Hi my name is Steve and I have just joined due to buying A S320 auto on a 51plate a few months ago. I think I may have an issue with the air suspension as the other day after leaving the car overnight I noticed the car was so low I could not see the top of the rims, it did raise but when driving to work the screen went red and asked me to stop as the car had lowered again. It was ok for a few days and now its started again but this time advised me to see a dealer as the the airmatic was on all the way to work, but the fault seemed to of cleared although every time I go back to the car is has lowered almost to the floor.

Does anyone have any ideas, any help would be appreciated.

thanks Steve

MB TECH WARRINGTON

Reaction score
but get it diagnosed correctly before splashing out on pump etc, as ive had shocks leak on the 220 which causes the pump to burn out,

if you dont replace to problematic element which was causing the leak, then your new pump will eventually burn out,

hope you get to the bottom of your fault,

i have had sticking relays, but these usually cause pump to stay running all the time and then burn out,

OP
steve1

steve1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, so this could be expensive then, any idea where I could get the parts from and how much I looking at ?

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Got a brand new pump sitting in the shed, and relay, will send you a e,mail in the morning!

OP
steve1

steve1

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help, I get it checked out and report back

tromppost

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s320
if it turns out to be the pump (and relay) also order the bracket that it sits on as they rust.

OP
steve1

steve1

Reaction score
Hi guys just to keep you posted it turns out to be the relay, now all is good.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom