Alloy wheel refurb brighton area

Tomkinsm

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend somewhere to refurbish my alloy wheels in the Brighton area?

One company I spoke to offered a shotblast, replaint and laquer, but without removing the tyres. Surely you have to remove the tyres to do the job properly???

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Why not send them to the best in the country, they only charge £11 collection and delivery, very fast. MB and BMW use them.

Pristine wheels. Northampton.

Malcolm

ps I cant think how anyone could do this without removing the tyres.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
television said:
Why not send them to the best in the country, they only charge £11 collection and delivery, very fast. MB and BMW use them.

Pristine wheels. Northampton.

Malcolm

ps I cant think how anyone could do this without removing the tyres.

If they did it wouldn't last very long as the water/salt/road dirt/brake dust would soon find its way into the join between tyre and wheel.

OP
T

Tomkinsm

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I've found a local agent who deal with Pristine wheels. They'll take the wheels off and remove the tyres then send them on to Pristine. They'll look after my car and then rebalance the wheels when they get them back. All in £255. How does this sound?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Tomkinsm said:
Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I've found a local agent who deal with Pristine wheels. They'll take the wheels off and remove the tyres then send them on to Pristine. They'll look after my car and then rebalance the wheels when they get them back. All in £255. How does this sound?
I think it is better to let Pristine take the tyres off,and refit, this stops any damage in transit and the re fitting of the tyres. That's the way that mine went. Price is fine, cheaper if you go direct, but you are left with a car on a pile of bricks for 4 days.

Malcolm

OP
T

Tomkinsm

Reaction score
Just got my wheels back from Pristine. They did a great job and the wheels look like new!

Thanks Television for the recommendation.

By the way, I used a local Pristine agent 'Autovets in Brighton' who were helpful and professional and looked after the car for me.

W

Walter

Just a bit of personal experience - Spit & Polish did my 4 AMG 18" rims two years ago (for £40 each!) and after 18 months they were badly tarnishing again - and guess what, the guarantee is only 12 months. But they are freqently recommended by many in the Trade, including my dang Brother in Law! I'm going to try this Pristine mob next time.

Top Bottom