Alternate Detailing Products ?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Just been shopping for food stuffs in my local Macro , I was loitering in the cleaning isle looking at the glass cleaners , grease removers and other all purpose surface cleaners and marvelling at the range made by Clean Pro .
They were all priced between £2-£3 . A big difference to car specific detailing prices .
Has any one used these ******* based cleaners for car cleaning/engines etc .
I didn't want to spray it all over mine and find that it ruined something ;)

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
They might well be ok.

There is some good stuff that is pricey for a reason but I'm sure a lot of stuff is expensive because people expect to have to pay more. Bit like Audis.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Just been shopping for food stuffs in my local Macro , I was loitering in the cleaning isle looking at the glass cleaners , grease removers and other all purpose surface cleaners and marvelling at the range made by Clean Pro .
They were all priced between £2-£3 . A big difference to car specific detailing prices .
Has any one used these ******* based cleaners for car cleaning/engines etc .
I didn't want to spray it all over mine and find that it ruined something ;)

If they don't have sparkly labels and violent retch-green or bile-yellow spray bottles then they're no good for car detailing ;) scientific FACT!

Last edited:
OP
Wighty

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If they don't have sparkly labels and violent retch-green or bile-yellow spray bottles then they're no good for car detailing ;) scientific FACT!

That is very true , I thought everyone knew that , maybe as I finish the sparkly ones I can fill those containers with the cheap stuff and do a blind test on myself :p

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
That is very true , I thought everyone knew that , maybe as I finish the sparkly ones I can fill those containers with the cheap stuff and do a blind test on myself :p

I'd suggest your ******* first before you try on yourself, unless you have a particularly greasy patch you need to remove :D

OP
Wighty

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'd suggest your ******* first before you try on yourself, unless you have a particularly greasy patch you need to remove :D

I had to read that twice before I got it , and then I nearly spat my beer over the lounge :p ( early start I know but the log fires on and it's cold and dark )

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I had to read that twice before I got it , and then I nearly spat my beer over the lounge :p ( early start I know but the log fires on and it's cold and dark )

I did of course mean k1tchen not *******...

hah so you're a spitter, hmm says it all! :p

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom