Another Sucker

MilfordMercMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-Class W211 2006 Sport Edition Saloon
Hello all,

Just a note to introduce myself as a new member of the forum. Joined predominantly to try to find some help with the most unreliable car I have ever owned - a 56 plate 55,000 mile E-class W211.

Had it six, months and has had Turbo, rear springs, rear discs, front discs, two lots of suspension bushes and now a regular problem with electrics just shutting down (hasn't yet happened whilst driving), steering and roll bar. All by 50k miles.

I need to get it fixed so I can get shot of it and buy something reliable like an Alfa. Joking aside, the costs of all this are killing me sio I need to find a solution and then get the Autotrader advert done..

Look forward to sharing some views, commenting on the wreck I own and

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Welcome to the forum. I'm just down the coast from you in Poole.

I'm afraid you will have to put front and rear discs down as consumable parts like tyres. They need replacing at some stage and youhave been unlucky with the other items.

I'd suggest you run the car down to MBS in Southampton to check out your electrical problem. Great MB techs at sensible prices.

http://www.mbs-soton.co.uk/

OP
M

MilfordMercMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-Class W211 2006 Sport Edition Saloon
Thanks

Thanks for advice - I use Pentangle in Totton for servicing.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Sounds like you have a 9 year old car with 9 year old problems, bushes are consumables, they wear out, my 2001 C Class was the same amongst other things.

The problem you have is when you fix it all you will have a great car that will serve you well.

As SL55 Mark said take it to MBS and have it properly checked out.

Rear Springs are common on them but I am trying to work out why 2 sets of bushes, these should last for years, leads me to be suspicious!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
And another, take it to MBS in Southampton.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom