Any F1 fans

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I think this weekend in Vegas proved some rules must change.
Sainz should not have been penalised for Ferrari having to use parts outside of their allocation to repair his car when it was damaged due to an unsafe track. This late in the season teams will be running low on allocated spares anyway.
I think that the 5 second penalty for drivers pushing another off the track to gain an advantage should be replaced with a 1 place penalty if the position is not given back.
I don't see why Russel was given a penalty for his collision with Verstappen when he was following the racing line and Verstappen would have been totally unsighted due to his approach in a known blind spot on these cars.
Otherwise the race was good, the track proved to have some good overtaking points though out the field.
It was a shame that Verstappen was allowed to revert to some of his old habits to overtake because the road surface was deemed too slippery.
100%

explaining the Saniz bit in first practice may be needed for those that missed it - 10 mins in to first ever running on this circuit - doing about 200mph in dead straight line (exactly as we had somewhere else with other welded in drain covers...) he sucked up a 24inch diameter 14 inch thick drain cover and removed the back of his car... F1 morons didn't feel able to make an exception - even though he got little running and they did GBP 1 million of damage to his car

yet its OK to bend the rules for the cheat every single race, and put others under random penalties, the only thing that adds up is ITS ALL UTTERLY BENT
and the most incredible bit of the whole weekend - Russel was paid off to happily claim it was his fault after the race - bearing in mind he loves to fight and argue over everything what's that about ? He's in front on the correct line by 10 meters toward the end of the braking area, as he turns into the bend, comfortably the bend is his, indeed he doesn't even know the cheating idiot is one of his usual offline kamikaze cheats, Russel still half a car in front at he hits his apex suddenly the cheat comes out of nowhere and takes out the car in front

And how come there was nothing about what caused Lando in a dead straight line to get a tank slapper and trash it - there was speculation it bottomed out? or did I miss it skipping the ads and the lies from RB

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
And how come there was nothing about what caused Lando in a dead straight line to get a tank slapper and trash it - there was speculation it bottomed out? or did I miss it skipping the ads and the lies from RB

There is a bump in the track there, caused the car to bottom out and the rear just went and he was a passenger

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
There is a bump in the track there, caused the car to bottom out and the rear just went and he was a passenger
we got a shot of the crash from a camera on a following car.... I saw a load of yellow (which I thought was the result of multiple cars bottoming at that point), but then as I reviewed and re-watched multiple times there was a huge load of yellow light scatter from the left trackside, culminating on the very same area. So I became less confident it bottomed. Commentary team didn't help as they said he was way off-line and likely found a bump no one else did.

But I wasn't confident he was offline and when I saw the yellow skid marks at first glance it looked very much like we see on other circuits where multiple cars drag the plank - but after more reviews it looked more like light scatter and no one else crashed... How come we couldn't just ask the guy and or hear from his team about it post race ?

We have totally lost interviews with retired drivers mid-race to follow up what happened - it used to beautifully fill in 40% of the boredom with something to explain, rile or confirm

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We have totally lost interviews with retired drivers mid-race to follow up what happened - it used to beautifully fill in 40% of the boredom with something to explain, rile or confirm

Would have been difficult for him to be interviewed mid race as he was taken to Hospital after visiting the On Track Medical Centre

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
we got a shot of the crash from a camera on a following car.... I saw a load of yellow (which I thought was the result of multiple cars bottoming at that point), but then as I reviewed and re-watched multiple times there was a huge load of yellow light scatter from the left trackside, culminating on the very same area. So I became less confident it bottomed.

Lando said "I just bottomed out on the restart, lost the rear and hit the wall".

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
$2m damage to the Ferrari. I would be putting in a claim against the track/race owners to compensate the grid penalty.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
I only said today that if one or two teams develop a car that competes with red bull every week next season then we’ll see how the no1 drivers race craft transpires.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I have come up with an idea for a rule change

keep the constructors points as per the finishing place of a team's legal cars actual results...
but to build in some interest and fun at the end of a boring season where one team's car has dominated, for the drivers championship... where the points gap is so significant (as we have this year) we need to swap drivers and cars for the last 6 races

6 races because the top three team's need to play musical chairs - So- If say Hamilton, in two out of the three drives he has driving Verstappen's car - gets more points than Verstappen manages in Hamilton's car, the drivers championship is given to the driver who's car held them back from competing

caveat - we need best of three as
a) the red bull team will cheat (ruining set up) - where a driver feels this is the case engineers from BOTH teams will work on BOTH cars for both drivers)
b) with cheat's like Verstappen out there you can bet he will be trying to take the other drivers off the circuit
c) hedge against reliability impacting legitimate results
d) driver's needs time to get the car (so a one off won't work)
e) need to ensure a team doesn't have such a good car they mange the gap to stop the entertainment at season end...

after all it's our planet they are killing - so why shouldn't we benefit in enjoying the racing

Last edited:

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I forgot a bit - if you set more lap records in at least two of your three drives in the other persons car - next year you pick which side of the track / grid position you want whenever you get pole

I'm fed up with that stupid cheating - it drives the bad behaviour Verstappen can't control

BRN9121

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 SL55 AMG, W208 CLK55 AMG, W204 C63 AMG
I forgot a bit - if you set more lap records in at least two of your three drives in the other persons car - next year you pick which side of the track / grid position you want whenever you get pole

I'm fed up with that stupid cheating - it drives the bad behaviour Verstappen can't control
No, that's not possible. Pole grid position is placed on the racing line.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K

Sorry to read that Guenther Steiner has left Haas.
Not sacked, but his contract not renewed.
I'm not surprised seeing Haas haven't really improved that much during his 10 years as team principle.
But I'll miss his humour which always shone in the Drive to Survive series.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Sorry to read that Guenther Steiner has left Haas.
Not sacked, but his contract not renewed.
I'm not surprised seeing Haas haven't really improved that much during his 10 years as team principle.
But I'll miss his humour which always shone in the Drive to Survive series.

Reported that Simone Resta the Technical Director has also left

Wombat457

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E350 3.5ltr V6
Yep I'm an F1 Fan but I don't get into the politics or stuff - I just like to watch REAL racing. Unfortunately, this place doesn't air it that I have seen :(

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Yep I'm an F1 Fan but I don't get into the politics or stuff - I just like to watch REAL racing. Unfortunately, this place doesn't air it that I have seen :(
What do you mean by "this place"?

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
The unfortunate thing over the past decade is that one team have seemed to dominate the championship. I didn't mind too much when it was Mercedes :oops: but now it's not again I get a bit bored. I know, I know, dual standards;)

My only racing experience a gazillion years ago was Formula Ford where everyone had the same cars and it was the driver that made a huge difference.

Wombat457

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E350 3.5ltr V6
The unfortunate thing over the past decade is that one team have seemed to dominate the championship. I didn't mind too much when it was Mercedes :oops: but now it's not again I get a bit bored. I know, I know, dual standards;)

My only racing experience a gazillion years ago was Formula Ford where everyone had the same cars and it was the driver that made a huge difference.

That seems to be the way it goes - one team or driver dominating over a season and your right - that does make the championships boring and even predictable ...

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

That is why F2 and F3 are such great levellers

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom