Approved used website

Shedofdread

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320s of various ages....
Evening everyone,
Just went to peruse the M-B approved used website and I see they now only list current models (i.e. no CLKs, MLs etc).
Have I missed some option or has there been a national decree that dealers shall only sell current model types? I doubt it's the latter and I can't imagine the dealers being overly impressed....
Cheers,
Richard

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
It seems that if it's over 3 years old they're not interested unless it's something special.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
It seems that if it's over 3 years old they're not interested unless it's something special.

I'd like to know who determines what's special.

Personally I think everyone has a different idea.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Manufacturers warranty is 3 years , maybe that's the reason ?

OP
Shedofdread

Shedofdread

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320s of various ages....
If one goes to individual dealers' websites, one finds all the usual suspects still for sale. Inclined to think this could be a 'post website upgrade' omission...?

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
The old adage "if it works, don't fix it" is a caustic but true guide.

I just went to the used car site and selected C Estate and "national" for the location. It filled the price fields with from £9490 to £44490 but then despite my choosing "National" it insists (in urgent red letters!) 'Please enter a Postcode/Distance or select a Retailer' - when I obviously did not want a particular retailer.

That is exactly how I found my current car in 2013 as it happens - I looked at the range I selected then zoomed in on what I liked and then took the option to contact the retailer (which is how it's meant to work...) Still, they've 'fixed' that!

This is very similar to the postings we get about being ignored by sales people... sales management should have seen that it was working correctly before the upgraded version was put in place! Still, who's bigger and better at software "upgrades (?)" - MB or TSB?

Last edited:

cougarking

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220 cdi estate
Agree, went to look for slk and only later slc listed
Perhaps we need to advise then as we are the end users searching for cars
It's a pain to have to look at individual Dealer sites

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom