Assyst (variable Mileage)servicing

Mr Teddy Bear

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 W208 CLK 230K SPORT: MG F 1.8VVC: Flame Red Rover 216GTi
The Service Booklet stipulates services according to the ASSYST display in the car. It doesnt however mention any overriding time period. I notice that in the past some service intervals have been getting on for 20 months apart,
although the mileage has never been more than 12k.
I had assumed that it would be xkmiles or every 12 months.
Can any body help with this, I need to know for my after market warranty.
Thanks.
Teddy Bear:confused:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
There isn't any overiding time period, as the ASSYST will take time into account as well as miles. If your doing a lot of miles the servicing (depending upon engine/oil/etc) can ramp out to ~18K. However if you are only covering low mileage then the ASSYST can reduce the mileage to next service. I don't remember any threads saying the service had gone beyond 2 yrs on ASSYST. However if it has then I'm sure someone will post.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I think it's 2 years. Whatever the period is, as you get close to it, ASSYST will switch over to days rather than miles.
The car has to have a service every 2 years to maintain the Mobilo cover.

New MB's are on fixed intervals of 15,500 miles or 12 months. My dealer wrote to me and suggested I could move to fixed interval servicing too - how kind!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom