AT fluid change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Reaction score
I've picked uop my supplies for changing the AT fluid on my 1998 E300 TD, but the partsman has accidentally included hydraulic oil instead of two litres of AT fluid.  Can anyone please check the part numbers are correct.
AT dipstick  W1405891521
Gasket        A1402710080
Filter           A1402770095
AT fluid       A0019892103

Incorrect hydraulic oil  A0019892003.

How long does the steering oil and differential oil go and what should I use?  Is EP90 ok for the diff?

Thanks

Will
1998 E300 TD

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
Hi,

Why are you changing the g\box oil. My understanding at the present time its in for life. So much so on the later models if my tech info is correct. MB are\have removed the torque converter drain plug.

Most of the numbers look ok. But your parts man is the person to see. Give him your chassis numnber and he will give you the right stuff. If youve lost confidence in the guy who sold you the stuff. Theres bound to be another guy there to serve you.

Regards
Andy @ mercedesservicing.com

OP
A

Anonymous

Reaction score
Andy
Thanks for the reply.  This was really just a chance to check the part numbers as there had been some confusion over the dipstick number.
Is there really such a thing as filled for life?  Only if you want the box to have a short one.
There is definately still a drain plug on the torque converter.

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
Hi

I feel the same as you do about oil changes. But MB must know what their up to?!?!?! Don't they? Don't get me wrong it can't do any harm. But MB are the ultimate experts.

Regards
Andy @www.mercedesservicing.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom