Auto box oil change (another solutuion)

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
Hi If one could feed the oil filter with new oil then one could flush the old oil out with the new, with out running the oil pump dry.
So here is a few pics about how this can be done
I ran about 5 lts through decanting the drain tub after each ltr so I could tell when I had removed all the old oil & had new coming through

Kevin
PS when the oil returns back to the sump it does so around where the filter intake is so there would be a continuous loop of contaminated oil so other solutions just arn't that good.

Kevin

Attachments

• Picture 207.jpg
    Picture 207.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 773
  • Picture 203.jpg
    Picture 203.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 828
  • Picture 204.jpg
    Picture 204.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 708

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Very good and thank you, now you all know that it makes sense:D:D

OP
kebo57

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
Hi some might say

"Take the hose off to the oil cooler and catch the oil from the cooler"

sounds quite easy when you look at the front of the car and there are a few radiators stacked up there only to find that none of them relate to the auto box.

So we cant have MB getting one up on us can we :D

Kevin

Silver_Star

Reaction score
Rural Leicestershire near where Pork Pies and Stil
Your Mercedes
W203.006, S211.208 Land Rover 90
I must admit when I did mine, I dropped 4 from the sump replaced the filter and cleaned the sump up then dropped another for after a bit of driving. Your solution is much better than faffing around with cooler pipes etc, it just increases the risk of breaking something when uncoupling them or a possible leak further down the line.

10/10 from me! I may give it a go next change is due, which isn't for another 40k though! Wish I had kept my old filter now rather than butchering it to have a nose inside then throwing it in the bin.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom