Autobox slow changing gear.

JPCLK

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a MY2000, 230CLK, cabrio Auto/Tip, It has just had a new ECU fitted, everything seems ok on the car apart from the gear change. It revs high in every gear until it eventually changes up, I did wonder if it will take a while to adjust its self to adapt to my driving but I have only done about 50 miles, should it take longer ? Anyone any ideas.
Thanks

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
It will adapt over time.

Why the new ECU and what ECU was repalced?

OP
J

JPCLK

Reaction score
Ok thanks, The ECU was fitted due to the car being stood for 6 months and the battery going flat. I charged the battery and the car would not start, eventually the car started but went into a kind of safe mode with no power and would not rev ! I got a friend of mine to take a look and he got it to start but only by removing the pipe/cable from the throttle bodyand pressing the throttle to the floor when starting. He said it needed to have a diagnostic test, so I left it with him.
Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I do not think that it will adapt and that something is wrong

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Get it tested, it could be your air mass, making the engine under powered and affecting the gearchange, symptons are engine will rev thru but no power and when it does change its quite harsh. dont buy big stuff without getting a test done, problems are not always straight forward.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As Star I think that it must go on STAR, its been played around with. As said if the engine output is down, the gear change will be wrong. It could be the MAF

Top Bottom