Autochanger/COMAND problem

Whiters

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C320CDI estate
Hi all,

Only had my S203 a few weeks and the COMAND's CD system is behaving strangely. Although, it could just be the autochanger...

A couple of weeks ago we noticed it was refusing to play discs from the magazine. The scanning (or it may have said loading, can't remember or replicate) sign would appear on the screen but it wouldn't get beyond that. The autochanger was making the sound of discs going in and out of the magazine, at least that's what it sounded like.

Turning the car/system off and on again rectified for a couple of days. Unfortunately, the third or fourth time it happened, the autochanger made it's noises and then nothing. Won't eject the discs, scan or play. A short time after that, but not immediately, the CDC option greyed out on the top left of the audio menu, then a couple of days later completely disappeared.

Anybody any ideas? Perplexed as the death seemed to be prolonged rather than a sudden pop. My car audio knowledge finished the day I installed a simple, uncomplicated Kenwood tape player to my Pug GTi many years ago...

Any advice or similar experience/solutions gratefully received! Thanks in advance.

Rich

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As it stands now I would pull the fuses connected with the comand and cd player wait 20 mins and replace to see if it can re set

OP
W

Whiters

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C320CDI estate
As it stands now I would pull the fuses connected with the comand and cd player wait 20 mins and replace to see if it can re set

Thanks. I'll give that a go tonight. I was checking through the manual to see if there's a code that needs to be used when COMAND has been re-set. Can't find reference in the manual or a code in any of the documentation so assume there isn't? Don't want to re-set if I don't have the code to get it started again

Cheers

Rich

J

jabber001

Same Problem - c200 avant 51 plate

Hi Whiters

I have the same problem and just wondered if suggested solution worked.

peter

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi Whiters

I have the same problem and just wondered if suggested solution worked.

peter

We just will never know,,, please try it and let us know

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom